Technical 12v permanent feed

Currently reading:
Technical 12v permanent feed

blackpool

My friend has just took my advice and bought a panda :D

However i am wiring up his stereo and his break lights dont work with the power off. :confused:

Where is the next best 12v permanent feed? I am guessing the lighter? maybe the clock? How easy is it to get access to the wiring to splice in to

Yep the clock and lighter are both great for stealing electric from.

The lighter is a permenant 12V, the clock is too, however the light for the clock is on the non-permenant lighting circuit. The clock has a common ground for the actual clock and the backlight so its very easy to complete a circuit.

Depends what sort of amps you want as to what you take it from. The clock wiring is quite thin and I have taken a supply for my other gauge backlights which is also very low amps. The lighter is obviously a lot thicker maybe 17 amp wire.

Access is brilliant provided you remove the dash surround. There are, I think, 6 screws above/around the speedo and switch area which release the front. You have to pull the little rubber ends off the heater control sticks to let them pass through though.

Hope that helps!

There should be a permanent live feed already there for the radio so no need to splice into anything else. The brake lights shouldn't work with the power off, thats why you can use it to switch the radio on and off the ignition.

:yeahthat:

Already a +ve and -ve spur in the dash behind the heater vent that can be brought down though the hole in the base to the HU area.

Back