PICT0242.JPG

Fiorino (Mk1/Mk2) 127 Fiorino

Introduction

I know it might look like a bit of a shed at the moment but life would be nothing without imagination and dreams. So imagine that this is pristine in it's original colour of Bleu Fiordo (torquoise) and dream of it purring down the road. I do......
:eek::eek::eek:

Let's see if I can post a few pics the right way..........

Let's see if I can post a few pics the right way..........

Great to see one of these again - isn't it (or wasn't it originally) Adriatic blue 408F? Difficult to see if it's the same after all those years.

When it's restored, I'd love to get a picture next to my turquoise 127!! (y)

Whereabouts are you based, and what parts do you need if that's not a very daft question?!!

A great save, can't be more than a handful of these left in the UK can there? I love how they just cut the back end off a 127 and plonked a big box on it with no consideration for looks or aerodynamics. How it should be with working vehicles I reckon!

Colour looks different to me Gavin, although if you look at the side repeater hole it looks like its orginal colour may well be the same as yours(y)

A great save, can't be more than a handful of these left in the UK can there? I love how they just cut the back end off a 127 and plonked a big box on it with no consideration for looks or aerodynamics. How it should be with working vehicles I reckon!

Colour looks different to me Gavin, although if you look at the side repeater hole it looks like its orginal colour may well be the same as yours(y)

It does look different (and may well be), but I've seen Adriatic ones go that colour when they fade.

They used to be everywhere - loads round here were green or turquoise & used for garden centres etc. I'm talking late '80's of course, which seems like yesterday, but isn't!

I'm hoping the O/P will restore it, as people tend to lose interest part way through. Way too big a job for me, but I'm going to follow progress & would be interested in a restored one if it came available. (y)

The original colour was/is Bleu Fiordo (462F). The colour is very similar to Arriva buses (Guess where I'm going for my paint:D). I am based in the Midlands, Sth Staffordshire, near Lichfield to be precise.

What parts do I need? If I strip off everything that needs repairing/replacing then I would be left with a couple of wheel nuts, and they need cleaning and painting.:(

I definitely need a rear bumper, side trim strips, brake banjo bolts, wheels, probably a rear transverse spring and I haven't got a clue if the gearbox or engine are any good. On the plus side, I am fetching another engine in the next week or two. I would love to find one of the cab roof racks that was an option on these.

The original colour was/is Bleu Fiordo (462F). The colour is very similar to Arriva buses (Guess where I'm going for my paint:D). I am based in the Midlands, Sth Staffordshire, near Lichfield to be precise.

What parts do I need? If I strip off everything that needs repairing/replacing then I would be left with a couple of wheel nuts, and they need cleaning and painting.:(

I definitely need a rear bumper, side trim strips, brake banjo bolts, wheels, probably a rear transverse spring and I haven't got a clue if the gearbox or engine are any good. On the plus side, I am fetching another engine in the next week or two. I would love to find one of the cab roof racks that was an option on these.

I'll follow this with interest. (y)

Do you have replacement panels already then? Most of those I can see from the pics look "poorly", so I wondered if you were needing anything specific.

What are the side trims like - any pics? I have a Fiorino side trim but it may be from a later one (as it looks similar to mk3 127 mouldings) - also probably (somewhere) mk2 127 trims which may or may not be the same.

I thought the colour looked darker, but some of the 408 painted ones faded to a similar shade. They'd still look good together though, when yours is back on the road. :idea:

Last edited:
Just to clear things on the paint. The car was originally Bleu Fiordo and still is inside and under the bonnet. The outside has, at some point, been repainted in a darker blue, which is the colour you can see in the pics.
I have got some panels including an O/S front wing, but I am still looking for a N/S one. The rest of the panels will have to be repaired....:eek::eek:

I am hoping to have it up and running within 12 months:bang:
I am sure we can arrange a photo shoot when it is ready.

PICT0246.JPG

Just to clear things on the paint. The car was originally Bleu Fiordo and still is inside and under the bonnet. The outside has, at some point, been repainted in a darker blue, which is the colour you can see in the pics.
I have got some panels including an O/S front wing, but I am still looking for a N/S one. The rest of the panels will have to be repaired....:eek::eek:

I am hoping to have it up and running within 12 months:bang:
I am sure we can arrange a photo shoot when it is ready.

View attachment 141403

I may have used 127 panels but honestly can't remember what's kicking around as I've had 127's since 1988! Obviously the bonnet is the same, are the doors exactly the same too? In an ideal world what panels do you want to replace which you haven't got? Do you need a rear door, or have you got replacements already? Are the front wings the same as 127's (I assume they are), as there are usually loads of those kicking around (don't usually rot in the 127)?

As an incentive, this is what it could look like (imagine a big box on the back & you're there!). (y)

That looks sweet.... You can never tell on a computer screen, but I think that your is slightly "bluer" than mine, or less green if you prefer but I might be wrong.

I should be having a couple of front doors off Rob Miller. I could do with new rear doors but can't locate any. I am currently working on the bonnet, so may be able to save it. Front wings, in fact, everything forward of the box is standard 127, which is good news. The trouble is, the list becomes endless. I am looking for bumpers front and rear (rear is different to 127), front and rear brake backplates, and a new screen rubber would be nice.

Brakes are basically the same as Uno, Panda and Strada ones.
A screen rubber will be harder to find. I have thought about measuring the 126 and 128 screens as if they are near enough the same diameter I might be able to get hold of one of those.

Rear lights are off a 126 (not a lot of people know that!) and available from Ricambi. I will be needing a pair of headlights but, again, 126 ones will fit, but the 127 ones have separate sidelights.

Just had another look at yours. You know what spoils it? Those trim strips down the side. I think that you should take them off and post them to me for disposal :D:D

That looks sweet.... You can never tell on a computer screen, but I think that your is slightly "bluer" than mine, or less green if you prefer but I might be wrong.

I should be having a couple of front doors off Rob Miller. I could do with new rear doors but can't locate any. I am currently working on the bonnet, so may be able to save it. Front wings, in fact, everything forward of the box is standard 127, which is good news. The trouble is, the list becomes endless. I am looking for bumpers front and rear (rear is different to 127), front and rear brake backplates, and a new screen rubber would be nice.

Brakes are basically the same as Uno, Panda and Strada ones.
A screen rubber will be harder to find. I have thought about measuring the 126 and 128 screens as if they are near enough the same diameter I might be able to get hold of one of those.

Rear lights are off a 126 (not a lot of people know that!) and available from Ricambi. I will be needing a pair of headlights but, again, 126 ones will fit, but the 127 ones have separate sidelights.

Just had another look at yours. You know what spoils it? Those trim strips down the side. I think that you should take them off and post them to me for disposal :D:D

Mine is brighter than it looks in that picture.

In fact it's this colour :D

Of course that's no use to you, as you don't want Adriatic Blue........??!

Are those the trim strips you need? Seriously - if so, I think I have a second hand set somewhere (HUGE task to work out where, as they will be in one of the lockups :eek: )! (y)

I've got headlights aplenty somewhere - some new some used, some I paid good money for, and some off of scrappers in the past. (y)

Mine is brighter than it looks in that picture.

In fact it's this colour :D

Of course that's no use to you, as you don't want Adriatic Blue........??!

Are those the trim strips you need? Seriously - if so, I think I have a second hand set somewhere (HUGE task to work out where, as they will be in one of the lockups :eek: )! (y)

I've got headlights aplenty somewhere - some new some used, some I paid good money for, and some off of scrappers in the past. (y)

Are those rear doors for sale, seriously? and the other bits? If so my van is definitely going to be Adriatic Blue

Are those rear doors for sale, seriously? and the other bits? If so my van is definitely going to be Adriatic Blue

It's just one door unfortunately, but it is the one that looks worst on yours. I rescued it years ago as part of a deal on an Adriatic Blue bonnet, dragged it 200 miles home, and have never had anything to use it on. (y)

I'm sure something could be arranged yes. This might involve asking for first refusal on the Fiorino if you sell it later though! (y)

Edit: I think it should be Adriatic Blue anyway - the best colour & you can't lose it in a car park!

Last edited:
I'm sure we could come to some arrangement;) I have to fetch an engine from London sometime soon so I'll be down your way. You sort out a couple of headlights and some trim and let me know how much you want and I'll arrange a suitable date to collect :D

Where is that trim............ :bang:

It came off a 1050CL I broke about 15 years ago. It's in a white plastic carrier bag...... Trouble is I can't narrow it down further & there are quite a lot of potential places all full of bits, though with luck it will be in Jasper's garage (he's a mk1 Panda if you haven't strayed into the madness of the Classic Panda section yet)! Good job you're nowhere near to the trim fitting stage at the moment really!! ;)

The door is in the shed definitely, so that's easy to get. (y)

Well the rear door is safely in my shed now along with a set of Cinquy alloy wheels. Nice meeting you guys last week(y). Work continues (albeit slowly as I am dependent on the weather, working outside) on the Fiorino. The scuttle is the main focus at the moment, at least, what's left of it. Hoping to have a good go at it tomorrow so will take some photos and post them up later.
I was aware that the calipers were missing off the front when I bought it and I ordered some new ones. What I now find is that the calipers don't come with the cylinder housing and that is missing too, along with the locking blocks.:mad:
I'm not sure where I am going to find these parts so if anyone has any brake bits lying around get in touch. PLEEEEEASSSE.

Well, I have had a bit of a go sorting out the van. The N/S scuttle is worse than I thought and the rot extends way into the door jamb and along the roof gutter.

I can't properly get to grips with this forum's insane process of having to upload pics to the gallery first, then they don't appear in the post but have to be opened in a new window. Am I doing something wrong?

So here's the pics, hopefully

The N/S scuttle

showphoto.php

N/S door jamb

showphoto.php

I know. Scary innit? The roof is as bad

showphoto.php

But I've started to repair the O/S scuttle. Just needs a bit more grinding and a skim of filler.

showphoto.php

And the door jamb is looking a little less "airy"

showphoto.php

There is definitely more welding needed than I first anticipated. A sane man (or woman) would have walked away but I never claimed to be sane:p

FiorinoDan none of the photos are showing from the last 2 posts Dan. Easiest way is to click on the little camera symbol (top right on the row of icons just above where you're typing the message) - that opens your photos to choose the ones you want (change to medium if you don't want them to be tiny thumbnail versions). (y)

Back