Technical 126Bis Carb Issue

Currently reading:
Technical 126Bis Carb Issue

Jefferz

Hi Guys.
Not sure if this is the place to ask, however, I've managed to get the old girl running today but it boggs down when I lift the clutch. It also sprays a fine mist of fuel out of the top of the carb from one of the air intakes. It also takes ges to rev up. I've got to feather the throttle. If I plant it the car cuts out.

Any suggestions
Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff.

Have you checked the points, condenser and timing? If these are ok I would suggest a carb strip and clean. Clean out the idle jet, main jet and float chamber. Then screw in the mixture screw all the way and bring it back out between 1.5 to 2 full turns.

Hope this helps,

Mick

Thanks Mick.

I'll do that over the weekend & report back.

Jeff

I've worked on a few of these in my time. I served my apprenticeship on Fiat's in the early 1990's
Mick

If your carb has the brass type float, you must check this thoroughly, and the chances are the the solder/weld that seals the two parts of the float together will have failed hence your "bogging down" with throttle response, the float is no longer floating, its struggling to keep afloat, its sinking !! :eek:

Try that and report back, another trait of the bis unfortunately (n)

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Typical, I just get my "lets attack it & get it done" head on & suddenly I'm bogged down with work.

As soon as I can catch my breath I'll jump right on it.

Jeff

Back