Technical 126 - Choke issue

Currently reading:
Technical 126 - Choke issue

Brake shoes arrived this morning - not bad considering I only ordered them on Wed night and they've had to travel the full length of the country! Hopefully get the cylinders/shoes changed on Sunday after work and get it retested on Monday :)

Brake shoes arrived this morning - not bad considering I only ordered them on Wed night and they've had to travel the full length of the country! Hopefully get the cylinders/shoes changed on Sunday after work and get it retested on Monday :)

Excellent!

Nice looking car by the way..... it must be one of the last Italian built 126's before production was shifted to Poland.

We had a Polish 126 for a time - "C" reg, I think it was called the Brown - and boy oh boy did we have problems with it.

It had that strange ignition system where the distributor had no rotor arm or cap, so that both plugs sparked simultaneously.

If there was any hint of rain, it just would NOT start. Hence my comments regarding yours.

However I guess yours has the conventional ignition system.

Keep us posted with progress! (y)

Polish cars for the UK arrived here around 1985, but had been made in Poland since 1973 same as Italian cars. Generally the Polish cars are better, they rust the same but are more durable and on the whole reliable. Ive had three and all have started fine in any weather, so yours was definately an odd one. Polish winters are increadibly bad, and still thousands of 126s are in everyday use in Poland from all ages. The Italian built cars are very rare now, which says it all:)
The ignition system on Polish 126s has less parts (no dissy cap or rotor arm) and is superbly reliable. However, points gap is critical or they wont play ball!

Polish winters are increadibly bad, and still thousands of 126s are in everyday use in Poland from all ages.

Ah yes - I hadn't thought of that.... :doh:

Ours was a load of trouble for some reason...... stange because prior to that we had another 126 (Italian built) which was superb, until the body fell off it!

That's when we chopped it in for the Polish one (built by FSM).

We has so much hassle with it we eventually chopped that one in for a Panda!

quote1.gif
Originally Posted by Panda Van
:slayer::slayer::slayer:panda!!!!!!!:D

Jenni, Pandas are excellent but 126s are more excellent:)

and 500's are......... OK - I'll get me coat.......... :D

Back