Technical 126 Bis FIRE engine conversion.

Currently reading:
Technical 126 Bis FIRE engine conversion.

Fiat 126 FWD prototype

2661623.jpg

Fiat 126 SW prototype

2661617.jpg

This build has inspired me massively, I have an identical car to yours and all, with the same problem, buggured engine, what did you do for cooling, front mount or bis rad?
Really impressed
Hi, i used the bis radiator and it seems to cope just fine. The fan kicks in regularly but the needle stays pretty much central in the gauge. If you want advice with plumbing the fire into the bis, let me know and i'll send you a diagram. It bleeds up so much more easily than the bis 704 engine.

Hi excellent stuff, this is exactly the conversion that I want to do, is it possible for you to give me a ring when you get 5 mins to discuss a few issues
Gareth

Hi everyone, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I was just wondering if this is a dead thread as I am trying to Contact the chap that did this conversion as he seems to be a something of an expert on this. Is there another way to contact a member or do I assume that he is no longer active on the forum, many thanks
Gareth

Hi Gareth, if you go to the OP's profile you'll see (Under "Send Message") the option to send them an email, this goes through to their registered email address and might encourage them to log back in and respond :)

I'd also suggest not posting your mobile number onto a public forum, unless you're a big fan of unsolicited calls and texts ;)

It just seems like he isn't on this too much [emoji23], what are you looking for, I might be of some help as I am sourcing parts for my conversion.

Hi im intending to do the same on my bis but just need to confirm that I need to get an air cooled Bell housing and does the 126 flywheel fit the fire crank and which starter is then used etc, also do I need to fabricate something to get the 126 accelerator cable to fit etc.
Would be good to talk to someone else that is doing the same thing, two heads being better than one and all
Many thanks in advance
Gareth

Back