General 1242 Conversion Exhaust System

Currently reading:
General 1242 Conversion Exhaust System

or do i just take my time and wait for the punto manifold to finish on eBay :confused: and give it a bid!? i'm so confused?! :bang: lol

oh and arc, do you know the length from pipe end to pipe end of your flexi de-cat?? in case i do wait for the SS punto manifold on the bay of E

thanks! (y)

Last edited:
ahh thanks :) yea don't blame you lol your ground clearance is as bad as mine lol, i think i'll wait for the manifold on eBay as i have a good idea of what you have done to yours arc and am fairly confident that i could do the same :) saves faffing about with spacers and that, just modify pipes :)

thanks again people!

no problem, just make sure your plan includes retaining the knuckle joint, or adding a flexy near the manifold as otherwise you will crack the exhaust. (hence the weld near the lambda on mine)

oh yea ****, didnt think of that how would i be able to fit a cat at MOT time :confused:

if i retain the knuckle joint (which i guess is the sprung part), then fit a standard punto 1.2 cat will i be able to fit my cinq mid section and backbox behind this? or will everything then be too long :(?

Last edited:
I'd not recommend Gazzella Racing, they're a nightmare to deal with :(. The offical UK importers, according to the CSC Marmitte site, are:
TORINO AUTO SPARES
16 WINDMILL CLOSE ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH
LEICESTERSHIRE LE65 1EQ
ENGLAND

TEL. +44 1530 414310
FAX +44 1530 564226

oh yea ****, didnt think of that how would i be able to fit a cat at MOT time :confused:

if i retain the knuckle joint (which i guess is the sprung part), then fit a standard punto 1.2 cat will i be able to fit my cinq mid section and backbox behind this? or will everything then be too long :(?

you could just cut the cat up so it the same length as the decat pipe, which is what mine is. but with it having no flexy, it doesnt get driven much like that!!

dont know about the punto cat, sorry.

I'd not recommend Gazzella Racing, they're a nightmare to deal with :(. The offical UK importers, according to the CSC Marmitte site, are:
TORINO AUTO SPARES
16 WINDMILL CLOSE ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH
LEICESTERSHIRE LE65 1EQ
ENGLAND

TEL. +44 1530 414310
FAX +44 1530 564226

I think the main problem with Gazella is they don't stock much so most of it gets shipped across from Italy... who do also like their long holidays! (n)

I think the main problem with Gazella is they don't stock much so most of it gets shipped across from Italy... who do also like their long holidays! (n)

jeez they really do lol we use italy for parts for some machines at work they have like 4 week shutdowns n stuff lol

and thanks arc :)! in that case i'm gonna have a wee bid on that manifold on eBay, hopefully i can get a bargain! then make up some bits afterwards!

As the pics show it needs to have two ports though... I just got mine done at a local enginering place took them a couple of hours
Between the manifold and the next section one sec prob have pics in my albums somewhere....

EDIT:pictures paint a thousand words ;)

DSC00352.JPG

DSC00351.JPG

DSC00297.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

Thats a really cleaver way of getting around the problem... thanks for posting the pictures as I can use them for reference for the future...

Whats the height difference between the 1108cc and 1398cc (Stilo/Panda) blocks??

Thats a really cleaver way of getting around the problem... thanks for posting the pictures as I can use them for reference for the future...

Whats the height difference between the 1108cc and 1398cc (Stilo/Panda) blocks??

Not really sure on the 1108-1398 J333EVO may know as he and his "mechanic" have put one of those engines into a Emma's Sei...

There is a thread floating around somewhere :)

1368 is pretty much identical in height and shape to the 1248 16v as well. They are both notably taller, and def require induction and not the stock airbox, it won't fit.

With these engines you will need a new 16v manifold (stilo/punto/panda/barvo/a). The manifold if the same over the 1248 and 1368 and is obviously a direct fit. There are many other interchangeables between the 1248 and 1368 like cams etc.

The cinq/sei rear exhaust systems won't fit with this manifold though and even the performance one's will be too restrictive, so its custom or make your own :D

Kristian

Massive thread revive but just realised I have this extension and it is about 1.5 inches too long meaning the down pipe doesn't mate up flat to the flange. It's a shame as its a nice piece of fab work.

I have a CSC manifold aswell with a spacer for a 1242 conversion. think its just got a 15mm ish plate machined to shape. The spacer you have looks far too long.

Fit the top half of the mani. Fit the lower section to the mid section and leave the spacer out. Offer it up till the angle of the flanges looks good and measure the gap then make a spacer to suit.

Back