Technical 115 JTD boost solenoid fuse/power source?

Currently reading:
Technical 115 JTD boost solenoid fuse/power source?

hedraflex

I am about to replace and re-site the boost solenoid on my 115 BHP JTD 2002 with one sourced from a JTD Doblo - it looks the same...will these be compatible? The EML light comes on straight away and the code reads ' overboost circuit failure' ... the valve was wrecked by water and had seized...would there be a fuse for this as i can't find one and i am assuming that if there was it could have failed?

i'm new to this so hope that i have posted corrected... thanks

The part number is 46767324 and it fits several cars in the FIAT family, so i would guess the Doblo is one and the same!

Addendum :- After a search on the net I have not found one instant of the Doblo using this particular boost valve so I would say, to be on the safe side, that it is not compatible with the Stilo!

Last edited:
The boost valve gets power from relay T9 and fuse F11 which also supplies the glow plug control unit, water in fuel sensor, EGR valve, butterfly shut off vacuum solenoid, and the air flow meter.

@Peat The part number you posted above is for the butterfly shut off vacuum solenoid, not the boost solenoid.

Last edited:

You got that right Mr D!

Sorry about that - I believe the part number is 55203202 and if so it is the same on the Doblo!

It's good to be fallible, but not all the time!

If the two wires going onto the solenoid are tested, should at least one be live [+] when the key is turned on ? Re Stilo jtd [2002]

Looking for a decently priced new solenoid valve for my Fiat Stilo JTD 2002 1.9 model ... any ideas please..

Epic thread revival guys - this is from 2014.

If you're hunting for a VNT solenoid then you'll just have to shop around; as is mentioned here the things were common across a whole heap of the Fiat family (Fiat, Lancia, Alfa) all had them.

When my 156 (1.9 JTD M-Jet 150bhp) had overboost issues my local indie replaced the solenoid with a part from a doblo taxi which solved my issue.

I suggest shopping around but eBay is probably a good a place as any to start.

Many thanks Artermis .... will surf the net and hope for the best :)

Problem sorted .... cleaned the solenoid with WD40 through the vacumn pipes , installed and all started to work again

Back