General 100HP on a track day

Currently reading:
General 100HP on a track day

W23AJH 100HP

Wide Open Throttle
Im not sure but have a couple of people on here been on a track day with their 100HP's?

If so how was it? and how was the tyre wear/brake wear and fade?

I've taken mine around the nurbergring grand prix circuit. Handle very well,tyres fine,brakes were fine though wasn't driving very hard as my 4yr old lad was with me.

Im not sure but have a couple of people on here been on a track day with their 100HP's?

If so how was it? and how was the tyre wear/brake wear and fade?

Ive done a session at Oulton Park
used standard brakes and the standard eagle F1 tyres. no major wear on them but my brakes were almost at end of life which made it a little difficult to slow down for some of the corners. Going to Cadwell park sometime this summer to try it out with different tyres and better brakes

Have done two full days at Castle Combe, one in torrential rain. No problems at all.

First track day. In the wet using Goodyear F1s. No wear issues at all.

Second day was dry using Vredestein Sportrac 3s. No real brake issues (although you could start to notice a difference after a few laps) but some tyre wear. Swapped the tyres back to front after the day.

What venue are you thinking about?

I will be going to Snetterton as I only live about 3 miles from the track, Im always down there watching stuff go round but now I really fancy a go myself.

Im running standard brakes and yoko s drives.

I am also planning a trip to the Nurburgring Touristenfahrten during the summer.

Second day was dry using Vredestein Sportrac 3s. No real brake issues (although you could start to notice a difference after a few laps) but some tyre wear. Swapped the tyres back to front after the day.

What venue are you thinking about?

Just bought a pair of them for the front of mine

all depends how hard you're going to drive it really. Its the most fun ive ever had, despite having the slowest car there

Snetts would be a good place to start, especially on a novice only day. Check fluid levels and take tyre pressures down a couple of psi before you start. That might be worth checking again after a few laps to make sure they haven't gone too high.

Enjoy! I promise you wont regret it.

I took mine round Anglesey national and Anglesey coastal circuits about two years apart(!).

The F1s are useless in the dry. The treadblocks overheat way too easily. Found that within two laps of the national (that's a whole two miles) they had turned to mush.

My second time out was on the longer coastal circuit, this time on S-Drives. No overheating issues with these.

Biggest problem was just understeer everywhere no matter what you did, which made it not very exciting at all. I had the offer of a whole afternoon for free on the coastal circuit, but only went out twice, the second due to a friend pleading with me to take his girlfriend.

I've done probably over a hundred trackdays in the past 12 years. The 100hp is not a good car for trackdays is about the only conclusion I could come to. The handling has it's limitations which is glaringly apparent on track. You can't steer the car on the throttle at all and the rear end only comes into play if you are a complete hooligan.

You may be able to improve the turn in by running zero toe.

I've had my sdrives since June and I think they've done 17000. I found that they ruined the ride making the rear of the car very wobbly not planted like the f1's where. The fronts are dead now so will be shopping the lot in for something different. Maybe contis.

I have done a few track days in the past when I had my Alfa 75, I have just booked Cadwell Park on weds 30 May with Javelin - looking forward to tryimg out the new Konis. Just got to buy a pot hole tax disc this weekend....and save up for some fuel!

Go on do it, doesnt matter if you arent a superstart (Im not!!), just go and enjoy!

I've had my sdrives since June and I think they've done 17000. I found that they ruined the ride making the rear of the car very wobbly not planted like the f1's where. The fronts are dead now so will be shopping the lot in for something different. Maybe contis.

I don't understand how that could be the case as the sidewalls are a fair bit stiffer than the jelly like GSD3's.

Cadwell is my favourite track, very technical too. I'd say if you've not done a lot of trackdays, it's a track to to work up to. I really must get back there this year.

Enjoy! :)

Back