Technical 100HP Locking Petrol Cap

Currently reading:
Technical 100HP Locking Petrol Cap

Westwardbound

I ordered and bought a locking petrol cap for my 100HP from a FIAT dealer. But on getting it home I noticed it was marked "Diesel"...... Now I could take it back but its a long way and no doubt they wouldn't have one in stock etc etc etc.

So my question is, are the diesel and petrol locking caps any different, and can I use a diesel one on the 100HP safely?

thanks.

I believe the filler neck is a different size but I could be wrong. Does it fit your car?

Chris

Indeed you don't want to pull into a manned service station and have your car accidently filled with diesel. Not as bad as getting a diesel filled with petrol, but it'll slow you down quite a bit!

Don't think there's any difference size-wise, but get it changed.

Diesel pump pipes are far wider, its damn near impossible to put diesel in a modern petrol car - and as a result I doubt the fuel cap fits either.

Thanks, guys. I've just returned from swopping it for the correct one amongst plentiful apologies. Now to fit it, between heavy rain showers. I've lost count of the times I've got wet today.

Any tips or tricks needed to fit it?

Piece of ****, did mine the other day.

Just take the old one off, and slip the rubber whatsit that attaches the cap to the flap off the pin holding it in. Then just slip the rubber whatsit attached the the new one onto the pin, pop the locking one on and bob's your mothers brother.

I don't think I could be more vague and non-descript if I tried

You can thank me later.....

Back