Styling 100HP Climate controls removal?

Currently reading:
Styling 100HP Climate controls removal?

miksfiatpanda

Any idea on how to remove the AC controls? I wanted to either repaint or wrap the light grey trims to something darker. I saw a picture guide for regular panda controls but I dont know if the 100HP AC screens add some complexity to this.

I've just looked at eLearn, the Fiat genuine instructions. I don't think they are much help.
Those instructions say the fascia support beam needs to be removed, before the control unit (The whole control unit is one piece, including teh ECU built into it.), but the instructions for the support beam, suggest the controls come out before the beam.

The beam requires removal of one front door.

Have search through the forums, use the advanced search facility. I'm sure there are other threads, and I think one about replacing those controls. Should be remove the outer panel, then the screws that hold the unit in.

This explains how to remove the controls and the plastic dash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-G6rwnRQFI&t=3s

If you want to remove the heater itself, the structural steel frame has to come out. As Bill says, car door(s) have to come off the car.
To be honest if going to that much trouble on a 100HP you would need to be thoroughly solving the broken flap issue or consider fitting a manual air con heater. Frankly I think these are a far better than the climate control heaters but hey.

Last edited:
Back