Technical 1000CC FIRE - Should I be concerned with fuel consumption?

Currently reading:
Technical 1000CC FIRE - Should I be concerned with fuel consumption?

ericpandaclassic

Hola from Uruguay!

I've had my 1994 Fiat Panda for about a year now, and so far it's been great. The previous 2 owners took great care of it, and apart from a ton of rattles when driving, overall it's in good condition. It starts great 100% of the times.

It has 200.000 km (124k miles), and when driving in city (mostly gear 1-3), I get a fuel consumption of 9.5 km / liter.

Is this fuel consumption expected for this engine and the amount of kilometers it has? And if it isn't, is there something I could maybe try without mechanical knowledge?

P.S. See my favorite image of the Panda attached.

Attachments

• Panda.jpg
    Panda.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 61
Just keep enjoying your lovely Panda.
Keep tyre pressures correct and have panda serviced at correct intervals by a nice mechanic who can talk to you about what to keep an eye on.
Keep oil and coolant levels correct.
Best wishes
Jack

Thanks Jack!

If the 9.5km/liter doesn't make you go "WOOOT!?" then I'm not too concerned.

It's my first car and one of the cleanest Pandas I regularly see in Montevideo, Uruguay :) Definitely enjoying it a lot!

29.8mpg does seem pretty high.. i was getting 40mpg from my panda 4x4.. if its fuel injected, do you have the injector light illuminated? it could be a faulty lambda sensor if so. if its carburettor, try using wd-40 on all the moving parts. also make sure the vacuum advanced is working. they sometimes fail and leak air into the manifold

Back