General 100 BHP Mk2 Sporting Punto:

Currently reading:
General 100 BHP Mk2 Sporting Punto:

symarshall

Please let me know what you think?

0-60 mph?
BHP? Top Speed?

80 BHP: SPORTING MK2 FIAT PUNTO

5 BHP: Powerflow twin exhaust: (Punto owners + K&N)
9 BHP: ECU REMAP: (Angel tuning spec)
3 BHP: K&N Air filter
3 BHP: Ecoteck/Boost Valve

TOTAL ESTIMATED WORKING TOGETHER: 100 BHP?

Please let me know your estimated BHP, 0-60 mph, and top speed

ANY OTHER additions for MORE POWER?

Thanx Simon Marshall

Theres no way the Ecotek valve gives an added 3bhp, id say nearer zero :p It does give more mpg though.

I think the only genuine power increase you're going to get is from the remap. The exhaust/K&N might give an extra 1 or 2bhp, but the engine will feel more responsive rather than more powerful through the gears.

However if you were to fit a full exhaust system including manifold and sports catalyst or a de-cat pipe you might get more bhp ;)

What else would you advise me doing to my sporting?

What do you think the 0-60 mph would be with those mods?

0-60 mph = 9 ses?

Thanx

Anything beyond induction kits/bigger exhausts I dont know about :eek:

If I were you i'd do all the things youve mentioned and leave it at that. It is only an NA 1.2 and trying to squeeze masses of power out of it would be expensive (fitting turbos etc)

The 1.2 16v is a good, nippy engine anyway (so ive heard) and those mods will give it some more oooomph- as long as you dont go and fit massive 17's to slow it down :tosser: lol

well i would say the angel tune deffitnatly get you the 9 as they damn good. as for the other mods i would say 3-4bhp combined. but probbaly with better mid range power.

so i go for 92-93bhp
and 0-60 = 8.5-9 seconds

as wolf said if you got 17's on it will slow you down stick with 15 for better acceleration.

more power will get costly new manifold? turbo?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4528877622

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I got a eco-tek vaule fitted and i swear it made acceleration feel a little more responsive. I've also got a BMC air filter and that definatley makes a difference, im chuffed with that! and i just fitted some 17's , they've slowed the car down a little but nothing major like everyone says. My mates just bought the same car as me (mk2 1.2 16v sporting) same colour and everything (w#£k$r :tosser: ) no mod's, we race all over town his acceleration is slightly better but when we get on a good stretch of road i cain him. So i do think that the little mod's like that can make a difference or it might just be that he's a fat git and a crap driver.

supermcc_afc said:
and i just fitted some 17's , they've slowed the car down a little but nothing major like everyone says. My mates just bought the same car as me (mk2 1.2 16v sporting) same colour and everything (w#£k$r :tosser: ) no mod's, we race all over town his acceleration is slightly better but when we get on a good stretch of road i cain him. So i do think that the little mod's like that can make a difference or it might just be that he's a fat git and a crap driver.

Well get on a motorway with your mate (you with your 17s), both stick it in 5th at about 70, floor it then see who has better accelaration/top speed :p

About the Ecotek valve- when im at traffic lights and rev it slightly over and over again so that stupid noise can be heard, it does actually feel quicker off the mark. I'll agree with you there (y)

A de-cat may help with the performance.

An induction kit basically does nothing, though I've heard good things about the forced air ones.

The Angel Tuning is your best bet for getting some good speed increase.

But I wouldn't expect to take 1-2 secs of 0-60, you're just hoping for too much. It will feel faster, and more fun however.

Well with those mod's i reckon it might make 90bhp, but most of that will be what angel tuning do.
Just cos a mod will say that it will add 1-2bhp doesn't mean it will, it might if nothing else has been changed and it might if the engine is of greater cc's (the larger the engine the more the effect is magnified, and vice versa :-(

What you've done will make the car more drivable and more responsive, so its now a good base for more aggressive tuning.

If you really want more (like 110bhp) then your gonna need to start with enlarged throttle bodies, hotter cams (too hot and it won't be road legal though due to increased emissions), high pressure fuel pumps and bigger bore injectors. Of course you already need a higher flowing exhaust (big and loud doesn't nessacerily mean high flow and power, it can infact decrease power as a fat exhaust can feck up the engines back pressure characturistics).

With that lot (good stuff costing £1-1.5k) you might expect to see over the magic 100bhp mark maybe more, but don't expect miracles from a small engine.

Back