10 month bonus accelerator... Aaargh

Currently reading:
10 month bonus accelerator... Aaargh

Just spoke to "lorretta" some indian women, geeeeejuz was she hard work.

Basically I asked her, After my 10 months of insurance on the bonus accellerator scheme, I will get written confirmation of another years NCB, She said Yes at the 10th month Your letter will say 2 years NCB ( as i have 1 previous year already)

Next I asked if this reconized as a full complete certificate that every other insurance compnay can reconize as a official certificate of proof, she said YES.

So i'm not sure if anyone has been mis informed,

So on the end date of my insurance, Ill have a certificate stating my total number of NCB, which every insurer will reconize as 2 years, No Ties to the company your with on this perticular scheme. I aslso asked for written confirmation of this via post which will be sent in 24 hours :)

Only down side to this is, you have to pay your insurance off faster rather than a year, but at my point its worth it as I can get it faster to protect it :)

Hope this clears it all up, I was on thr edge of cancellation :)

GhettoMoose said:
Wonder Why if they underwritten by same company do there prices differ so much ?
Because there will be different criteria they use, I suppose - try doing exactly the same quote on all 3 sites, say, at roughly the same time, and see if you get the same answer?!

ghetto, I expect going to an insurer and stating you have 3 years NCB when you only have actually 2 years and 6 months will mean you invalidate your insurance unless your new insurer specifically states they will accept 3 x 10 months as 36 months. It doesn't matter what your old insurer issues you with, it's what you have.

TBH i have DirectLine cause i get staff discount cause i work for NatWest :D am paying just over £300 for a 54 Stilo JTD and i got full NCDs and protected. I've got everyone i know to stick with Directline or Priviledge as both of these are part of the RBS group :D

I did get a quote though for a mitzi 3000GT and it came in at £900 hmmmm might leave that one :p

The Negotiator said:
ghetto, I expect going to an insurer and stating you have 3 years NCB when you only have actually 2 years and 6 months will mean you invalidate your insurance unless your new insurer specifically states they will accept 3 x 10 months as 36 months. It doesn't matter what your old insurer issues you with, it's what you have.

Well AFAIK I was told its fully legal and they give you 1 years NCB, maybe before they set it up they ran is past the boards and paid extra for them to be able to do this ?

I am going off what was confirm'd after my 10 months they give me a fully legal and 100% genuine 1 Years NCD proof.

If there is any trouble i'll have the written confirmation of what they told me, So I can sue them :)

Yeah, I mean if they print it, can only be legal, its elephant who are loosing out on money, but more people join it, so they gain some

Very clever trick indeed"

This is all very confusing now. I will Try HIC again closer to the time as they couldn't quote me so far away from renewall.

I asked the guy at Adrian Flux more than once regarding the transfer of the NCB from elephant and he was addamant that it was NOT transferable and i would have to be with elephant for another 10 months (totalling 20 months) before they would accept my 1 year NCB.

I think i will need to make some calls myself. :(

Keep a safe note of the person you spoke, at what time, date etc.

If there is any dispute later on, they will have to get the tapes out and check. Complain to the FSA as well.

It is hassle, yes, but you can't let these companies get away with this. FSA will screw them 10 times over for selling you something on false information.

I just got a quote from Bell and they were £25 dearer than elephant and their website is identical for quotes except it's white not yellow :)

I too have just phoned Elephant and they told me also that the 1 year is transferable at the end of the year :confused: They said they would give it to me in writing and if they were called by any other company they would say i have a full year NCB.. So maybe I should not have actually said anything to Adrian Flux. By being honest it has cost me. But then surely thats the sort of thing they should be incouraging and anyone who states these things should be given the chance to join them :cry:

KoArAnG said:
I just got a quote from Bell and they were £25 dearer than elephant and their website is identical for quotes except it's white not yellow :)
Erm, maybe they weight premiums based on colours/statistics of accidents, etc.

I was on the bonus accelerator for 2.5 years with Admiral (so had 3 years no claims) I got a certificate from admiral stating "3 years no claims bonus" nowhere did it say it was from a 10 month accelerator package.
I then sent this off to my current insurer (tesco) who were happy to insure me.
So I don't see the problem? a certificate is a cerftificate.

Back