Technical 10+ Amp Parasitic Drain.

Currently reading:
Technical 10+ Amp Parasitic Drain.

SnezzyV

Hello,

Anyone can provide me assistance, I hit a bump a bit too hard and now my car battery dies in 2 days, drawing a current of 10+ amps,
Car starts and drives fines when battery has enough charge.

Anyone got an idea of what it may be before I start pulling fuses.

Thanks

How are you measuring 10+ amps ? How is the battery lasting even 2 days with that much current draw ?

When you say hit a bump too hard… how hard was too hard ?

How are you measuring 10+ amps ? How is the battery lasting even 2 days with that much current draw ?

When you say hit a bump too hard… how hard was too hard ?
Not a clue, my multimeter only reads upto 10 and then it gives me a reading that it's over.

I charge the battery with a battery charger and it lasts that long, so I unplug it and plug back when I need to drive.

I hit the bump HARD, like LOUD bang. Suspension and all was fine.

I don't know how you are measuring the current, I presume directly off the battery?

Many of the cars modules will be active for minutes after you have turned off the car and locked the doors. I would recommend leaving the car turned off and unlocked. The modules should still shut down eventually. But may activate as soon as you open the doors so leave the doors open.

Then once given a longer period of time check pull each fuse out one by one and then check the current draw across the actual fuse. This should help you identify where the current draw is.

Most often in fiats at the moment it is the blue and me system that has gone bad, causing the issue. but this will depend on if you have the blue and me system.

Once you know where the current is going you can focus on that specific electrical system, to find the specific problem.

If it was 10 amp, then you'll be lucky that it's not completely dead in 4 to 5 hours.

How old is the battery?

If it was 10 amp, then you'll be lucky that it's not completely dead in 4 to 5 hours.

How old is the battery?
That was my thinking, I dunno what the battery is on a Bravo but 10amps for 2 days would be 480 Ah I'd suspect a Bravo battery to be not much more than about 50 - 75 Ah. i'm not even sure a truck battery is near 500Ah, you start to join batteries up if you want that much power

Back