General 1.9td sx sw rev counter question

Currently reading:
General 1.9td sx sw rev counter question

tron_2000

Hi
I have just bought 1.9td sx sw (94 L reg) it has the digital dash and I have noticed that above the rev counter display there is a red line displayed thaat seems to be growing.
when I got it the line started at the 5000 rpm mark and went to the end of the display, now the line starts at the 4250 rpm mark and goes to the end.
Can anyone tell me what this is for?

Regards
Dave

I have just bought 1.9td sx sw (94 L reg) it has the digital dash and I have noticed that above the rev counter display there is a red line displayed that seems to be growing. When I got it the line started at the 5000 rpm mark and went to the end of the display, now the line starts at the 4250 rpm mark and goes to the end.Regards
Dave

hi,

The red line on the rev display is part of the silk screen artwork. What happens is that the matt black overall finish to the electronic dashboards degrades with time and peels off revealing more of the red line underneath. It happens over all of the dashboard to varying extents. I have two TDs's, both have varying bits of the black missing, I usually find bits of flaked off black on the duster when you clean the dash.

The red line signifys the over revving "red line" area for the TDs. It does not have any connection to the electronics that I know of.

Back