Grande Punto 1.6 Multijet New Owner

Currently reading:
Grande Punto 1.6 Multijet New Owner

Moimo

I have been the owner of a 1.3 Multijet Active for the best part of a year and today i purchased what i believe to be a very nice 1.6 Multijet Grande Punto, it is white, FFSH, 09, 67K. The drive home reminded me of the first time i drove a Mk2 Golf Gti 8v(this is a diesel), i have had a long love for these and M42 318is BMWs but unfortunatlely these are now both 260 pounds a year to tax and my 2 Puntos, my wifes Aygo and my motor bike is only 118 for a year for all vehicles, no contest in a penny pinching world, the 1.3 Multijet will be up for sale soon, 84K FSH and excellent conditon. i have an electronic manual that covers all models including the 1.9 is mine a smaller version? or is there a manual either electronic or hardcopy that i should be looking for? I also have a whine from the rear which i believe is wheel bearing/s i was well aware of this and we haggled a bit for the cost of the hubs, i am resonably handy with a spanner and will be dealing with these early next week, i would appriciate anyones comments on what i assume after haveing a read around about what must be a weak point, tightening torque and angles would be useful for the 1.6 if anyone has some data. Apologies if i am going to get in trouble for technical questions in the Intro, i enjoyed my 1.3 as a cheap reliable car for the best part of a year, i love this new one, it has character by the bucket load and i can see some fun motoring ahead. thanks everyone

Unfortuneately there dos`nt appear to be mannual for the 1.6 MJ GP electronic or paper,as you have discovered what is available [Fiat Elearn] goes no further than the 1.9,I would guess that apart from the engine most of the other mechanicals would be the same.
Fiat Eper the spare parts cataloque featured on this forum is a bit out of date and once again goes no further than the 1.9.What you need is at least v6 probably available on Ebay.
BTW congrats on your purchase best GP variant out there.

Cant say Ive noticed any turbo lag possibly due to the variable geometry turbo charger.Fuel economy is about the same as the 1.3mj I know because that was my previous GP.

I will be intersted in the fuel economy also, so i will post it after the Christmas journeys, my 1.3 was amazing late 60s early 70s with ease, even if i lose a few miles per gallon, the driving experience makes up for it in this car, i changed the rear wheel bearings today and did both sides, i put SKF VKBA6541 which was 86 pounds inc VAT from Euro Car Parts, they did them a bit cheaper as i begged poverty but i think they always do that for everyone as it makes you feel good and go back there again(they also do a Lucas bearing which is cheaper, but impatience got the better of me). I have also removed the compressor from the boot well and fited a 15" steel and original tool kit as i am not ready to find out how good the modern ways are when i am on the side of the road with a flat tyre. As for the turbo lag, i cant say i notice it, it is a completely different feel to the 1.3, the engine feels responsive and the midrange is very usable, i dont think i ever overtook anything in the year of 1.3 ownership, my view with the 1.3 is you smile smuggly knowing it only needs filling up about twice a year and that is good news in todays world.

Back