Technical 1.6 MTJD - automatic transmission? (need help)

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 MTJD - automatic transmission? (need help)

Derkan

Hello,

Im new to this forum, if the thread is duplicated Im sorry, but i didnt find anything like my "problem".

Im thinking about buying Bravo as a secondary family car.
Found nice one 06/2013, 1.6 MTJ 88kw, ODO 114600 km.
Tommorow ill see the car personaly, but one thing is confusing me.

When I spoke with owner he told me car have (sorry im not english fluent) "semiautomatic sequential gearbox" (not sure if i translated it correctly).

My question is: I never heard (and didnt find anything on internet) about 1.6 MTJ with "automatic" gearbox. I always found info about 1.6 MTJ having only 6-gear manual transmission. So...is there a thing like 1.6 MTJ with semiautomatic gearbox, and if its, can you suggest any realiability of that gearbox (and maybe any faults/signs to check when trying car)?

Hello,

Im new to this forum, if the thread is duplicated Im sorry, but i didnt find anything like my "problem".

Im thinking about buying Bravo as a secondary family car.
Found nice one 06/2013, 1.6 MTJ 88kw, ODO 114600 km.
Tommorow ill see the car personaly, but one thing is confusing me.

When I spoke with owner he told me car have (sorry im not english fluent) "semiautomatic sequential gearbox" (not sure if i translated it correctly).

My question is: I never heard (and didnt find anything on internet) about 1.6 MTJ with "automatic" gearbox. I always found info about 1.6 MTJ having only 6-gear manual transmission. So...is there a thing like 1.6 MTJ with semiautomatic gearbox, and if its, can you suggest any realiability of that gearbox (and maybe any faults/signs to check when trying car)?
Do not go anywhere near it unless you can afford to throw the car away if it needs gearbox repair or a clutch replacement.

Keep looking for a manual gearbox version.

Last edited:
This will be the 'dualogic' gearbox.
Essentially this is a manual gearbox with automated robotic control. A control unit on the gearbox calculates when changes are needed, and operates the clutch and gear selector with hydraulic servos. They can be acceptable, but never great. Think of someone who insists on driving a manual, despite being poor at accelerator and clutch control and gear selection, so a bit lumpy at times.

When they get older, they can give problems, and few garages seem able to properly diagnose or repair them. Search the forum for 'dualogic' and read the horrors. Here's one to start with: https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/346837-advice-fiat-bravo-t-jet-dualogic.html
Don't contribute to that thread, it is old.

I finally found it is Dualogic, didnt know they was making the 1.6 MTJ with them. Are they really that bad and unreliable? When I googled dualogic in Bravo, i found many contraindicatory infos, some how bad it is, some how good it is...and some that its reliability is about care you give it (keeping service timing etc.). I have 2 authorized Fiat sellers (and services) so i can get car checked by authorized "service center".

I wouldn't touch it. Pretty sure it's an automated M32 box, so you've got all of those potential issues, plus the technicalities introduced by the dualogic.

Reliability is almost certainly related to how it's been treated in the past, however I don't think even a service centre will be able to tell you if it's been well maintained or not.

Even the authorised service centres do not understand the dualogic gearbox.
Authorised service centres want to replace everything if it goes wrong which costs far more than the car is worth.

Lots of people with dualogic gearbox are finding that even a simple clutch change is difficult and expensive. On some models the special clutch release bearing is no longer made , resulting in cars being recycled because one part cannot be found.

Back