1.6 16V different type of engines

Currently reading:
1.6 16V different type of engines

pigland

Hi, got two Multiplas with 1.6 16V engines, first one is a 99-reg with a CF2 182A4000 -engine and the other one is a 2001 with a CF3 182B6000 -engine.

First one is rusted in the sills and other places, the newest has got a broken engine (waterpump stopped working but the previous driver continued to drive until the engine stopped..)

My obvious question is: can I use the engine from the '99-model in the 2001 model, or are these two engines too different for that? I've noticed a couple of sensors that are different so maybe I have to use the engine management system from the '99 to make it work? Or is this too much hassle, that I actually have to find an decent CF3 engine? They're not that expensive around here, but when I already got parts, I would like to use them if possible :)

What I've searched and found on the net, is that some CF2/CF3-engines are interchangeable if you also transfer e.g exhaust manifoil etc, but haven't found if that counts for the 1.6 16V-engine.

Maybe someone here has tried this in either Multipla or in another Fiat?

Thanks, Per

Thanks, I'll give it a try. If it don't work, I'll leave a message here. This is not a project thats in a hurry, so maybe I'll finish within this year :)

It's been a while, but today I started it. And it runs fine. Had to change key transponder inside key, id-box near steering wheel and ecu (all 3 must match). Not quite finished with exhaust modification, drive shafts etc, but I now look at the light in the tunnel :)

I changed the belt a year ago, so not neccecary to do so now. I also wondered about lambda wiring. There is two sockets in engine bay, but for this engine there's only one. I connected the socket I thought would match, and there's no faulty code anywhere so I guess that's the right one.

Back