Technical 1.3 multijet owners please read & help!

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 multijet owners please read & help!

V8 EATER

Dear fellow GP owners,

Hi,Iam new to this forum and happy/proud of being a GP owner.

I would greatly appreciate the help of some of you in order for me to solve a few bugs here and there!

first of all let me state that Iam a Canadian(used to doing his own maintenance) living in Turkey (Tesl teacher) and the prices for parts are rediculous here.

I want to be able to service my EGR valve,Intake sensor(maf I think?) and the intake manifold.

does anyone have a write up for any of the above (1.3multijet engine though)

has anybody done the above on the engine mentioned? if so his notes?

has anybody done injector cleaning? the results? recommendations?

P.S this is a 2008 GP 1.3 multijet 75hp model (active to be exact)

here are some figures. It has 33000 miles on the cluster,gets an average 5.6 lt per 100km,hits about 110 on a straight and has seen 125 downhill!

its got little to no power under 2000 rpm,is easily effected from using A/C in a negative way obviously.

anyway, I would very appreciate any help to do the maintenance I mentioned or any other you guys might recommend.

oh and has anybody done any tuning to these series such as cold air intakes,downpipe,decat,cat-back,muffler,chip etc? if so was it worth it?

Last edited:
EGR is a pig to get at

please explain!

where is it at? is it at the right hand side at the rear of the engine when looking at the engine from the radiator stand point?

what needs to be removed? the valve cover but what else?

why do you say its soo troubled theres plenty of room in our engine bays?

its a pig to get at but well worth blanking off, In my idea i'm getting much better economy and much less combustion clatter.
the only downside is I need to get a fiat garage to turn off the EGR flow warning sensor.

blanking off EGR is illegal & allows dangerous nox gasses into the atsmophere that we all have to breath in....blah blah blah bored of sating this.

I would also assume canada is more strict on emissions than the police (who were supposedly to check EOBD) and the goverment is over here.

I have a 1.3 90hp, would have thought you should not have to do that just yet??!?, it is quite low miles for a diesel. Can yo get hold of "millers diesel additive" out there or its equiverlent if so that should help clean out the injectors and a good thrash works wonders!! I also have a tuning box fitted [ normally use a remap] and have found it useful power hike - but be very careful what make you chose some are just rubbish go for the digital type NOT Anologue

Back