Tuning 1.3 JTD 66kW with tuning box fitted

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.3 JTD 66kW with tuning box fitted

Glad everything sorted out mate!I changed the second dial from 3 to 1.The power and torque diagram had a small loope around 3000 rpm so i'm just trying different settings ( only with the second switch) to achieve a more smooth curve.

erm to be honest mate i wouldnt know, as i ahvent got the chip yet, hopefully get it just after christmas. dont any wires go from the fuse board to the engine bay, i dont know much about car electrics. cant you take the wire out along with the existing wires going from the fuse board to the bay? sorry i cant be of more help mate.

Anything new with the race chip adjustments?
I put it on my astra h with dpf.
I adjust it to 5 - 1 position and it's great.
I can put the left dial to 6 without errors but i'm a little scare.I don't want to push it more.
I had it to 5 - 3 and it boosts strongly from 2000rpm (not so smooth) so i change it to 5 - 1.
Now with 5 -1 it has the same boost but it is smoother than 5 - 3.
Also with the 5 - 3 i think that the consumption was a bit higher in the city.
I tried 5 - F but i didn't like it.

Any other adjustment suggestions?
I want to boost it from 1500rpm if it can be.

Well... after receiving a new one from them ( mine didn't work properly) for free, they told me that the box has a start delay feature ( when you turn the engine on, it works after pressing the gas pedal 7-8 times almost full) and that the box doesn't work when the revs are below 1500 ( for example when you're stuck in traffic).
They were true about all that...but i took it off because it caused me problems when starting the car. After that the car starts fine now.
I'm sad though because now it feels slow, but i don't want to risk anything.
And for the last... i had it on 5-3 and the power was indeed enormous!
Any other adjustment didn't work for me..

Last edited:
yesterday i put it to 7 - 1 and it's great!!!
it works fine!
it boosts from almost 1700rpm!
(vagosofron επειδή βαριέμαι να σκέφτομαι και να γράφω αγγλικά... η κατανάλωση έπεσε σε σχέση με πριν που ήταν μαμά.Έκανα μια διαδρομή που κάνω κάθε μέρα με ανηφόρες με τον ίδιο ρυθμό και πριν μου έκαιγε 1.9 λίτρα ενώ τώρα 1.5!)

Last edited:
I have problem with the racechip pro every time dpf cleaning starts.
After 5 minutes of cleaning (before it ends) i have an error sign on my board (orange car with the key),the cars performance decreased and i could rev it till 3500rpm,not higher.
After i restart the car,it works fine.
The racechip team had told me via mail that i will not have any problem with my dpf....
This problem appeared two times until now and these two times were when the dpf cleaning starts (and the fuel consumption is increased)
I think that the chip is confused due to high consumption an throws the error sign in my board.
I have adjust it to 5 - 1.
The problems were with this adjustment both times.
(I had it to 7 - 1 and it worked fine but i reduce to 5 - 1 because i didn't want to push it so hard)

I send mail to racechip and explained all this and there answer was:
"You will not have any problems, our chips are especially programmed for
problems like this. It will not damage or make problems with your dpf
system."

Do you know if this problem is solved?

Last edited:
I think that we are the only 2 persons here with that tuning box, but i don't have dpf and i don't use it any more...so you are on your own and the racechip company:p

Back