Technical 1.2 Sporting tappety

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 Sporting tappety

daggz68

Hi all. Got a loud tappity noise from my engine. Sound seems to be coming from either the injectors or something else near the oil filler cap. Ive taken a video of it but my internet here sucks

Any ideas?
Ive also plugged in Torque for engine codes as I know engine light is on, but told it would be as its running a loud ****e exhaust and no cat, hence no lambda sensor

Hi all. Got a loud tappity noise from my engine. Sound seems to be coming from either the injectors or something else near the oil filler cap. Ive taken a video of it but my internet here sucks

Any ideas?
Ive also plugged in Torque for engine codes as I know engine light is on, but told it would be as its running a loud ****e exhaust and no cat, hence no lambda sensor

The injectors are fairly noisy. The easiest way to trace the noise is to get a long handled screwdriver and put the blade on parts of the engine with the handle pressed against your ear.

I have the 16V where it is not easy to get to the hydraulic tappets which are self adjusting. With a screwdriver I found one tappet was particularly noisy - almost hammering compared to the rest of the engine.

Definitely coming from injectors or further back around the inlet manifold

Back