Technical 1.2 Panda Cut Out & Error Codes PO300, PO302, PO303

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 Panda Cut Out & Error Codes PO300, PO302, PO303

DirkDiggler0

Hi all
Advice needed on my daughters 04 Panda Dynamic that has just cut out whilst she was driving it. She said that every thing just went off the engine cut out and all dashboard lights were on.
The car started straight away and drove normally after this.
Ive put it on multiscan which threw up the following codes PO300, PO302, PO303
Screen shot attached
Ive cleared the faults and taken it for a spin and it drives ok
Any thoughts would be much appreciated
Cheers

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 162
Hi all
Advice needed on my daughters 04 Panda Dynamic that has just cut out whilst she was driving it. She said that every thing just went off the engine cut out and all dashboard lights were on.
Ive put it on multiscan which threw up the following codes PO300, PO302, PO303
Screen shot attached
Cheers
check the connection to the top of the coil packs, moisture gets in and the pins corrode, also make sure the plugs are pushed in fully down.
coils packs are not expensive from motor factors but if you are going to change them do both at same time

Ramdom misfires, that is misfiring across multiple cylinders can be harder to track than one pot misfiring.

Something's effecting more than one cylinder, so start thinking what influences multiple cylinders, for instance:
Fueling, a lean mix will certainly do it, so you could check fuel trim, pre cat O2 sensor switch.
If it occurs on two cylinders sharing the same coil pack.
Head gasket leaking between two, three, four of the cylinders.
Cam position sensor (cutting out while driving is a common result of one of these feckers)

Before thinking about two or more similar parts that may have failed at the same time, eg, two plugs, two plug leads, three injectors etc.

Also at the moment, across many forums, there are plenty of sensor miscommunication or sensor feed voltage problems, I gather the weather my be responsible, damp fuse boxes, water in connectors and one or two reporting ECU water damage, so don't rule these out.

Hi all
Cheers

we had this on our 1.1 active 2004,
conked as it turned into works car park,

took the keys across road to trusted alfa / fiat indy,
couldn't find a fault.., :bang:
this was height of summer .. bone dry after a 15 miles 30 min journey, we changed the battery as a precaution..never happened since @ 3 years, :confused:

how old is YOUR battery, 3 / 5 years is max really..!!,

Charlie

we had this on our 1.1 active 2004,
conked as it turned into works car park,

took the keys across road to trusted alfa / fiat indy,
couldn't find a fault.., :bang:
this was height of summer .. bone dry after a 15 miles 30 min journey, we changed the battery as a precaution..never happened since @ 3 years, :confused:

how old is YOUR battery, 3 / 5 years is max really..!!,

Charlie

Might even be battery terminal connections, that this happen twice in the Stilo once, turns out the -ve terminal was only resting in place and needed tightning.

Thanks for all the info so far fellas, its much appreciated.
The battery seems fine as it spins the car over very quickly, the battery connections are all solid and greased. I'll give the coil and ecu connections a spray with WD40, but what i want to avoid is changing things in a process of elimination.
How would i test the crank position sensor?

Cheers

Both cam shaft sensor and crank speed sensors can be tested with a voltmeter.

The crank speed is down by the crank pulley.
The cam position sensor is in the top of the rocker cover, belt end.

There's a ground wire, voltage feed wire and a signal return wire.

Check the feed wire and ground with the engine off, key on.
It should usually be 5 volts that is fed to sensors.
(unless it's an O2's heater wires which will be battery voltage)

Check the signal return wire and ground with engine on.
Voltage returned to the PCM depends on which sensor, but usually a working sensor returns a switching signal (altered from the 5v feed).
These can switch up and down anywhere between 0.1v to 5v once a second or many times a second, depending on speed/which sensor, etc.

Sensor can fail for two reasons, faults with wiring/connectors.
eg looses feed voltage or signal return due to chaffing, so no feed voltage will be detected or signal not present in data logging the PCM with a scan tool yet detected at the sensors connector.
Or
Sensor it's self broke internally.
So signal voltage will be stuck low/high/not switching up and down.

But if it's an intermittent fault, you could be at it some time before you observe it!

Back