Grande Punto 1.2 Black

Currently reading:
Grande Punto 1.2 Black

Regan21

This is my sons car, although he hasn't actually seen it as yet. He has seen a picture, so he knows he has a standard black Grande punto. He is in the army, and in London doing the olympics. He wanted loads of mods done to it.........but I haven't had time. ;)

Punto.jpg

So.....so far it has had 16" black/chrome alloys, with of course the usual red calipers/drums.
SDC10083.jpg

SDC10084.jpg

He wanted an up & over stripe.

SDC10087.jpg

and side stripes, both in metallic grey/silver

SDC10085.jpg

And of course the back & side windows

SDC10087.jpg

I have been after an iPod connection, but it took a bit of doing to find out if his HU was Blaupunkt or Grundig. Turns out it was a Grundig, but as he's home from London hopefully next Monday.....I have ran out of time.

Wot do ya think............do u think he'll like it??? :D

This is my sons car, although he hasn't actually seen it as yet. He has seen a picture, so he knows he has a standard black Grande punto. He is in the army, and in London doing the olympics. He wanted loads of mods done to it.........but I haven't had time. ;)

Punto.jpg

So.....so far it has had 16" black/chrome alloys, with of course the usual red calipers/drums.
SDC10083.jpg

SDC10084.jpg

He wanted an up & over stripe.

SDC10087.jpg

and side stripes, both in metallic grey/silver

SDC10085.jpg

And of course the back & side windows

SDC10087.jpg

I have been after an iPod connection, but it took a bit of doing to find out if his HU was Blaupunkt or Grundig. Turns out it was a Grundig, but as he's home from London hopefully next Monday.....I have ran out of time.

Wot do ya think............do u think he'll like it??? :D

Welcome him to the black GP club it's fun with us ;). For a quick fix with the iPod connector I'd just buy an aux lead connection from eBay. There a 5 minute fit and work with the existing units. Just plug them into the back and wire the audio jack down the back and out into the cup holder/tray under the radio. It's good because it will work with any device with an audio jack (you will just loose the steering wheel controls baring the volume button for controlling the iPod. It doesnt affect anything else at all with te rest of the system) as with the rest of it you have started off very nicely for him, your more than welcome to look at my thread or direct him to it to see anything else that he could do. Just click the link in my sig :) the one thig I would say straight away is remove the punto badge in the back again it's a 10 minute job that just looks nice

Last edited:
Cheers Matt,

Aready had a good look at yours.........very nice, but i think I may need to take a back seat when my lad gets his mitts on it.............although he doesn't know one end of a spanner to another, so I may be needed at a later stage.

Wot goes in the recess left by removing the badge?

Gonna look at the iPod connections..........but there is only so much "Dad" can do...............before I take over completely ;)

I think I may have to get another one just for me. ;) just need to persuede the wife.

Last edited:
Back