Technical 1.2 (2003) with engine light fault

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 (2003) with engine light fault

stewartrose

Hi Team,

My exhaust started blowing and the engine light come on the speedometer, so I took it to a garage not Fiat because we dont have a repair place here, had the exhaust totaly replace except the convertor, then had the emmisions checked and all was fine, except the picture of an engine is still displayed on the speedometer..

Any ideas of how to reset this please would be helpful

Thanks in advance from Alan

I just had my entire exhaust (from the manifold/cat) back, but at no point did my car exhibit an engine fault light! I would suggest an engine fault and an exhaust blowing are separate issues.

Could it be that the garage damaged something else? Obvious suggestion would be the Lambda sensor as its screwed into the exhaust?

I just had my entire exhaust (from the manifold/cat) back, but at no point did my car exhibit an engine fault light! I would suggest an engine fault and an exhaust blowing are separate issues.

Could it be that the garage damaged something else? Obvious suggestion would be the Lambda sensor as its screwed into the exhaust?

Well the engine light was there before the exhaust was changed, and I did check the exhaust with the man before anything was done, and as the flange to the exhaust was at the back of the engine under body of car, there was no wires to touch on the sections he was dealing with, plus I watched the change over..

All the best from Alan

The fact that you had a blowing exhaust and an engine light one doesnt necessarily mean the two are related!

Worth getting to a Fiat garage and getting the car on there examiner, or buying one of those fault code readers for £40. Someone on here will be able to point you to the best place to buy one.

Three clear runs is very subjective, ive found stopping and starting the engine 3 times (leaving it running for 1min) normally works. I would suggest you took it back to the garage for more diagnostic work, it clearly isnt related to the exhaust.

Three clear runs is very subjective, ive found stopping and starting the engine 3 times (leaving it running for 1min) normally works. I would suggest you took it back to the garage for more diagnostic work, it clearly isnt related to the exhaust.

Thank you for your advice most welcome

The fact that you had a blowing exhaust and an engine light one doesnt necessarily mean the two are related!

Worth getting to a Fiat garage and getting the car on there examiner, or buying one of those fault code readers for £40. Someone on here will be able to point you to the best place to buy one.

Thakn you for the information, sounds like a tool I should have anyway, so I got one from ebay :)

All the best from Alan

Back