Technical 04 plate 1.9 Doblo Cargo van rear lock barrel

Currently reading:
Technical 04 plate 1.9 Doblo Cargo van rear lock barrel

Petestar

Hi there anybody know how to remove the actual lock barrel from the rear door lock/handel? I've managed to remove the whole handel just can't quite see how barrel comes out. I've purchased new well second hand pair of rear doors and need to change over to my keys. Any help much appreciated.

Hi there anybody know how to remove the actual lock barrel from the rear door lock/handel? I've managed to remove the whole handel just can't quite see how barrel comes out. I've purchased new well second hand pair of rear doors and need to change over to my keys. Any help much appreciated.
Key barrels often need the key in to release the "wards", pushing the key into place pulls in the locking bits, but there will still be something else to keep it in place otherwise when go to pull a key out all the guts would drop out. Did you get key with s/h doors, I know you want to keep with original key set, but you may find it easy to dismantle with key from that door in the lock.

Key barrels often need the key in to release the "wards", pushing the key into place pulls in the locking bits, but there will still be something else to keep it in place otherwise when go to pull a key out all the guts would drop out. Did you get key with s/h doors, I know you want to keep with original key set, but you may find it easy to dismantle with key from that door in the lock.
Hi thanks for that yes I would assume that too but no unfortunately I didn't get key with replacement doors.

Managed to get the old barrel/cylinder out by removing a little u shaped pin that sits about 25mm back in two small holes holding cylinder in barrell you only need the key as something to pull on as packed in with grease, I used my key to remove cylinder that wasn't needed but TBH a good tap from the back does shake it out.
You do have to remove the whole handle and separate from the locking bars that run up inside van rear doors. All reassembled and now locking with my original keys.

Back