02 Multipla - boot won't close!

Currently reading:
02 Multipla - boot won't close!

kelpopp

Hello! I'm new to this site and I'll go and introduce myself on the newbie section as soon as I've posted this but I've got a bit of an urgent request for help...

We bought a secondhand JTD multipla yesterday and we're really pleased with it (and we LOVE the way it looks!!) Anyway, everything was going great guns until we loaded our shopping into the boot at tescos this morning. We closed the boot and it just thudded shut, the catch just doesn't catch so the boot isn't secure - the boot lid is just resting there.

I hope I'm making sense and I've trawled the forum pages but it looks like the more common boot problem is that they jam shut - ours is just the opposite. It's odd because the guy we bought the car from opened and closed the boot when he showed us the car and we opened it ourselves without problem when we got it home.

My Husband has removed the little rubber bit that covers the boot release button on the outside of the door and given it a squirt of WD40 but that's not worked so we're all out of ideas. All the other doors open, close and lock as they should.

If anyone has experienced this problem or has any idea of a fix for it I'd be really grateful.

Thank you, Kelly

Back