General 0-100kmh

Currently reading:
General 0-100kmh

my uno turbo went to 100 in about 8 secs until my turbocharger got wrecked. now I haven't installed a replacement turbo so I drive un uno turbo without a turbo :S and the acceleration is not very good :( but I'm doing my best to get a new turbocharger and make it fly to hunderd in about 6,5secs. needs lots of engine management mods. I have uno 45 too and it goes to hundred in about 17 secs, engine is in a perfect condition:)

This thread's been around for long enough =)

I got 0-62mph in 9.5 secs before with me and a 14st mate in the car, coming off a roundabout @ standard boost.

Difference between him in the car and just me is incredible, I seriously reckon there's well over a second of 0-62 to be shaved off just by kicking his fat arse out the car.

That's before I upped the boost - never tried timing it again. But I will! When my UT returns .

With the stock wheels managed 60 in 10secs, put my Punto GT's on and hit 60 in 11.

Quickest car have driven: Dads Volvo V70 T5 BSR remapped to 300bhp

we reckon mid-5s to 60 :D

Edit: regards to top speed, had 110mph out of my 1.4 I.e S, still had a lil more to go but it was waaay 2 scary to try it

Last edited:
In my mk1 uno turbo its proberbly about high 5s low 6s if you can fight the wheel spin and the standed intercooler don't pop apart on 1.2-1.5 bar of boost(y) thats with just ex/filter, fse fpr,stage 2 turbo,bleed valve,and reving it to about 8k in second:devil: But in my pulsar with 1-1.2 bar of boost it proberbly in the low 4s with a good launch:yum: soon to be high 3s if i get a bigger turbo and a few other odds and sods:slayer:
Heres the pulsar spec;)
http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12342

As for top speed i have seen 130ish on the uno clock at unknow revs [to scared to look ]and 163 in the pulsar on a normal gearbox at 7400 revs in 5th later to be told that at them revs i was doing more like 159-160 from working out what its geared for at them revs:)

This was done in my Mk2 Uno Turbo.

0-100 = 4.9sec
0-200 = 12.7sec
1/4mile = 12.0sec @ 204kmh
800m sprint = 238kmh
1km sprint = 256kmh

The 0-100kmh & 0-200kmh was measured accuratly with a V-Box.

Whoaaa that's powerful.

Has it still got the stock 1372cc engine?

What's the BHP figure at the fly?

Any spec & pictures you can show us?

Cheers,
Dragggg

Gassed said:

0-100 = 4.9sec
0-200 = 12.7sec
800m sprint = 238kmh
1km sprint = 256kmh

Year mate that is proper fast:eek: :devil: (y)

Gassed said:

0-100 = 4.9sec
0-200 = 12.7sec
800m sprint = 238kmh
1km sprint = 256kmh

Seriously, that's awful fast in an MK2 Uno Turbo :devil:

What's your mods mate ?!?

Hi there guys,

My Uno is a Mk2 still with the 1400cc motor (1372cc to be precise)
is making over 300bhp on the front wheels.
The car is using a aftermarket management system namely Dicktator (manufactured in South Africa)
Turbo is a T3 Garret
Nitrous system is NOS wet system 2 foggers for
1st and 2nd stages nos.
Motor has the necessary balancing, flowing of head, bigger throttle etc.
Gearbox standard with rally spec L.S. Diff.
Tyres used Yokohama A048 Semi slicks.

I still need to make som evideo clips to post on the web.

Gassed said:
Hi there guys,

My Uno is a Mk2 still with the 1400cc motor (1372cc to be precise)
is making over 300bhp on the front wheels.
The car is using a aftermarket management system namely Dicktator (manufactured in South Africa)
Turbo is a T3 Garret
Nitrous system is NOS wet system 2 foggers for
1st and 2nd stages nos.
Motor has the necessary balancing, flowing of head, bigger throttle etc.
Gearbox standard with rally spec L.S. Diff.
Tyres used Yokohama A048 Semi slicks.

I still need to make som evideo clips to post on the web.

Similer to what im aiming for :devil:

As mine will be a late night "this is my fast uno" (Which i will have some grear pride in saying (y) )

I need it to be realiable and well spec'd

Is your Uno Gassed the fastest in SA?
My mates dads workmate said that in Zimbabwe there was a seriosuly fast UT (1600 spec tho)...........he couldnt keep up in his 100NX? (I think its a 100nx)

No Bull****ting

According to the bravo brochure , my 103bhp 1.6, 16v bravo should do 10.8 secs from 0-100kmph

well, i did it in 9.8 secs, absolutley unbelivable. i mean how is that even possible, my friend who is a professional at timing speeds was faltered.
either the guy who previously owned the car i have modified it in some way, or its one heck of a miracle (and a nice one too) (y)

factory figures are rarely exact, after all theres gotta be some variation from car to car, perhaps yours got the good end of the stick?

my uno is only supposed to do the sprint in 11 but ive done it in 10.

what were the conditions?

Conditions:

weather: dry, with very low humidty
land: staright, on the airport freeway (accelerated on the right lane).
kept the rpm till: 6200rpm before redline.
shifted through gears :1 (around 52kph MAX)-2 (around 80kph MAX)-3 (80+)

i'm glad my car was able to kick ass (y)

Well, I never tested my Uno ie start (1994) 999cc. But my new car is a Renault Clio Diesel 1.9. Apparantley its capable of around 13 secs 0-60mph and max speed around 100mph. My next car is an UT... IF i can find a nice one.

what kind of clio was that 1.2 16valve thats pathetic
well thats renault for you the most i had out of my uno is 107mph ish not sure of speedo acuracy at that point

whould love to see more people restoring uno turbos rather than destroying them i hope you do something along those lines if you get one mabey just a litle play with the boost but thats all i whould do with one no pipercross this and k'n'N that for me thanks

Last edited:
My Uno turbo is standard apart from a K&N filter and will do 0-60mph in 7.3 seconds. I would imagine with a full exhaust system and slightly higher boost you would be looking at 6- 6.5 sec.

my old mk2 45s would hit 60 in about 11s fitted with s/sprint exhaust/manifold k&n bot on v/good cold air intake and 194/45/15s top speed 110mph think that was limiter speedo was bouncing have to rev hard in second as there was a big jump to third it would wheelspin a little when you got back on the power
book 0-60 13.9 top speed 93mph

how come i havent seen any more uno start ies doing 13 seconds is mine just a rarely quick one or sumit
i did it on level ground with the fuel reserve light on and my friend in the pasenger seat timing me
we both wheigh around 10 stone

i dont have a speedo so here are the speeds i was doing
1st 25mph on limiter
2nd 45 mph on limiter
3rd 60 mph on brales quickly

my tyres on the front are 155/70/13s and 145/80 on rear for some reasone
not the original sise on front howether same roling radius and wider so no inacuracys in the speedo their

Back