General exhausts

Currently reading:
General exhausts

samanthacooper

hi my car has just started sounding really beefy not that i am complaining but i got under my car to have a look and my exhaust looks incredibly rusty. its only a v reg and i wouldnt of expected that from a car that old any thoughts:)

It's normal, they all do it so it seems, rusty exhausts are flavour of the month :( The exhaust comes in sections so by going under the car with it running (don't touch it, it will be hot) you can hear or see which part it is coming from - worst parts seem to be the flexy and the piping around the backbox. Or take it to a garage if that's your preference. Cost of replacement is from £60 + labour for flexy section, think it was about £120ish for rear section, or you can go performance exhaust route if that's your bag, welding or patching if it's in otherwise good condition.

yer i have been thinking of going for the sports exhausts but not much money any ideas

iv been under it there are no holes so iv got no idea

The sports option is only really an option if the hole is towards the back - unless you got a full system but then you are talking more money and if as you say you're not rich right now, not a very helpful suggestion. Could you go to somewhere locally that does both standard and custom fit exhausts, then they can give you both options and you can take your pick :)

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Back