Tints??

Currently reading:
Tints??

MintySport

Established member
Howdy doody all...............:D

Just a quickie, what do you all think would be the best amount and configuration of tint to have on a yellow sei? :rolleyes:

heres mine i got limo on the back and did have on the front untill cops made me take em off

Attachments

• sei 2.JPG
    sei 2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
we found some 1 to get the insider info on the police !!!alan!!!! and rules

only jokin mr. d lol

i think the same yellow needs dark dark tints

You pay's your money you takes your chance.

In all honesty i'm not that genned up on traffic stuff, as I try to avoid it. I'm not keen on persecuting the average jo public for the sake of it and don't think that it does the police any good, as the more public support you get the easier it makes our Job.

If it's dangerous, taking the Pi$$ that's different and have no choice but to act :eek:

Alan.D said:

In all honesty i'm not that genned up on traffic stuff, as I try to avoid it. I'm not keen on persecuting the average jo public for the sake of it and don't think that it does the police any good, as the more public support you get the easier it makes our Job.

If it's dangerous, taking the Pi$$ that's different and have no choice but to act :eek:

i remember seeing a lad nearly cry wen a police officer told him he had to rip his front tints out. the whole 25% thing. ud think it would change as the light got brighter. in other words the sunnier it got the more light they would let in and the % would change

bulldog5046 said:
nope, not got that far yet, and thats going off topic

sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not gona start a thread just to ask u that so i thought id slip it in

Alan.D said:
I'm sure it's 75% but may be wrong will check n get back.

sorry i didnt mean a 30% pass i ment 30% block 70% pass, best clear that up (y)

stripey stilo said:
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not gona start a thread just to ask u that so i thought id slip it in

waiting on a my tax rebate, thats another £250 for the marea fund (y)

bulldog5046 said:
sorry i didnt mean a 30% pass i ment 30% block 70% pass, best clear that up (y)

It's OK I knew what you meant :)

Apparently we are both right....(y) :-

The law specifies the level of light transmission through glass. The front windscreen has to allow through 75% of available light. The two front side windows have to allow through 70% of available light.

The legislation does not allow for different interpretations it is quite clear. It does not refer to the construction of the glass, or make an allowance for adding tinted film, it refers to light transmission into the vehicle.

You cannot lawfully add a tinted film to glass that would reduce the light transmission value below the figures quoted. Most glass found on modern vehicles are already tinted at the maximum and have the code AS1 (windscreens) & AS2 to indicate this.

A vehicle which does not allow through sufficient light may be prohibited and the driver prosecuted as a very low light transmission value is dangerous to the occupants of that vehicle and other road users.

Alan.D said:

(y)

See my sig for mine

My fronts are bare minimum, ive never been stopped or ever been followed.

The only downside to tints is it is a bugger on a night reversing ;)

The big plus is no one can see in on a night into your car, so if you are derbychick ever abit passionate ;)

I dont care what anyone says, it has made such a difference to the squitch and is probably my best mod (y)

Back