How to tint your own windows?

Currently reading:
How to tint your own windows?

Would love some 5% tint windows on my Panda.

It'd look a little nicer IMO, keep the car a bit cooler and a Lot more secure. I also like the ambience of how tints make the rear of a car look!

Thing is, the price of getting it done and letting some 20 something year old pull your door trims apart etc is quite scary..

I can get the tints on eBay for the car for £26, but I have no idea how to apply them or if this is like tyre fitting - e.g. not worth the effort to do yourself!

Can anyone share tips / advice / their experiences?

Because of this thread, I've noticed for some time now that far fewer tinted cars in this area, especially the obvious dark black (complete with wee white dots). There has been a clamp down generally on cars deemed by the boys in blue not meeting allowed standards.

Because of this thread, I've noticed for some time now that far fewer tinted cars in this area, especially the obvious dark black (complete with wee white dots). There has been a clamp down generally on cars deemed by the boys in blue not meeting allowed standards.

I guess it's because it's been so much easier to check with those tint measuring thingies!

I took mine off because it just looked awful. :(

Tint readers are used by our boys in blue to determine what's legal or not regarding car windows, but I remember a time when most DIYer tints just looked ridiculous, totally blacked out & of course close up, the wee white air bubbles. So obvious that this was illegal.

Back