General JTD Condenser

Currently reading:
General JTD Condenser

Hi

Anyone notice that according to the manual, you are supposed to get a Fiat engineer to empty the diesel condenser every 5000km [something to do with moisture, etc.].

Anyone done this yet? I am seeing my brother-in-law next week who is a mechanic, so probably get him to check it out for me. Even he was surprised by that time-span.

Stuart

According to my service manual it states "drain condensation from fuel filter every 6 months/4,500 miles. This may be required more frequently dependant on usage".

Les Ross
Certified by a
Professional

Hi

Just checked the service manual now that it is to hand back at home - nothing within the 'New Ulysse Maintenance Programme - Diesel'; it just gives info for what to do every 12k/1 year. That is effective 8/03.

BUT the Owners Handbook , IX/2002 1st edition, gives all the service schedules in kilometres, and mentions every 5k to bleed condensor!

Um - need to speak to dealer me thinks!

Stuart

Ah, just read Lester Piglets comment at bottom of page 35 to service manual re 4500miles/6months.

I will probably do this operation myself, once i have learnt, and ignore main manual which says use a main dealer!

Stu

If excessive water is in fuel it will tell you on you dashboard. Theres a sensor in the bottom of the fuel filter, Just undo and drain of the excess water and diesel. Sensors will be on different on differrent diesel engines.

You Can Learn Something New Everyday Of Your Life

Back