Technical Which cheap exhausts aren't too noisey?

Currently reading:
Technical Which cheap exhausts aren't too noisey?

Ben B

I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust for my Bravo 1.6>

Mainly I want it to look nice and chromey, but hopefully not cost too much, and definately, definately not be too loud.

I'm guessing that most of the universal ones do very little to muffle the noise? Does anyone have any experience of any? Any that are deifnately quieter than others? Is there any way of muffling a loud exhuats if I got a cheapo that ended up too noisey?

Well I've gone and done it- I bought a universal backbox today. They guy in the shop said it was a lot quieter than the rage ones, I'm still a bit worried it'd be noisey, but looking inside it, it seems to be a lot more full of all the innards than the rage one in the shop was! The rage one was quite a bit smaller and £59.99, this one was £99.99

backbox1.jpg

backbox2.jpg

I'm getting it fitted on Wednesday morning. I think it'll go nicely with my chrome handles, and the colour of my wheels. I just pray to god it doesn't sound chavvy! :( :)

I panicked earlier when I thought it was too wide to fit, but by the time the tips are poking out past the bumper, the silencer is 14" deep, and that'd fit clearly right behind the rear spring, so I do have extra width to play with.

I'll report back when it's fitted! If I find it a touch loud for my taste, I'll probably take it off and sell it to another Bravo/a owner, cos by then it's have brackets made for it to fit straight on.

Last edited:
Just Donny Oz. Looking at my diary, apart from the Donny weekend (where I have a couple of meetings still - that I'm gonna try and get out of) I Don't have a completely free weekend til November! :mad: Bloody wedding season's in full flow!

Ben B said:
Just Donny Oz. Looking at my diary, apart from the Donny weekend (where I have a couple of meetings still - that I'm gonna try and get out of) I Don't have a completely free weekend til November! :mad: Bloody wedding season's in full flow!
lol! Know what you mean mate. Going to my third of the year this weekend and still have another 3 to go to. Just hoping for more single bridesmaids at this one. ;)

Good to see you can make Donny though chap. Should have the convoys sorted this weekend too. :)

Back