Technical Bits in headlight

Currently reading:
Technical Bits in headlight

Hi
I`ve just purchased a replacement headlamp for my cinq off ebay,the headlamp is mint condition but there was 3 fingers of white plastic(about 1cm long) rattling round inside,is this part of the adjuster or something?
Cheers
Adrian

Hi mase
Could the adjuster be replaced with one from my spare headlight,also how come they break off?
Cheers
Adrian
P.s how many fingers are there to start with?

the bit that breaks is the bit attached to the reflector inside the headlight, so unless u could take the headlight apart and change that bit i dont think so.... only 1 way to find out tho i got an old headlight in my flat, time to take it apart :cool:

i think there are over 10 little teeth, and u would only need about 3 for it to hold together to u got loads left lol, i think they snap from all the giggling they get, or maybe the plastic heats up and the joins perish?

most prob down to the s**t fiat design tho...

Cheers mase
I`d put my spare headlamp in the oven but my missus is coming home in a minute :D
I`ve already cleaned my cam cover in the dishwasher!!!!!!

Cheers
Adrian

AIJ29 said:
Cheers mase
I`d put my spare headlamp in the oven but my missus is coming home in a minute :D
I`ve already cleaned my cam cover in the dishwasher!!!!!!

Cheers
Adrian

lol i got 1 falling apart anyway, will take that to shreds this weekend and c if i can get the whole adjuster out and let u kno wat happens!

on paper u should be able to swap them, but when have fiat ever done somethin simple? exactly

I tried taking one apart. So did Ghost a while back. It don't work. Sorry guys(n)

A synical view would be that Fiat make a lotta money outta new headlight units because of this simple breakage:rolleyes:

You can split the headligh but you have to be very careful.
Mase what side have you got falling apart? and if it the side i need will you sell me the glass?

Back