Styling Your first mod?

Currently reading:
Styling Your first mod?

Mine was clear side repeators and indicators.
p.s Luke that lock release thing sounds well smart, could u tell us abit more about it. i.e where u got it? How to fit it etc Cos i got a flushed boot which is delocked but the only way i can open it is from the inside with a cable i have attached to the lock mechanism.

F R O $ T Y

F R O S T Y said:
Mine was clear side repeators and indicators.
p.s Luke that lock release thing sounds well smart, could u tell us abit more about it. i.e where u got it? How to fit it etc Cos i got a flushed boot which is delocked but the only way i can open it is from the inside with a cable i have attached to the lock mechanism.

F R O $ T Y

I've still got the push button mechanism, so i've just got a low power solenoid from my mums old suzuki vitara (standard part) and attached it to the internal lock barrel mechanism.

Mounted the solonoid to the inner hatch skin, and attached the moving arm with piano wire to the moving block (had to drill a small hole in it) and secured it with a clamp (from the inside of an electirical chocolate block).

You could use the exact same principle, just you'll need a more powerfull solenoid to pull the wire on the latch. Solenoid runs of the standard 12v. All you have to do is put in a contact switch to break the circuit. So when you push the button, the boot will pop open.

i think im gonna get it from the place in manchester that chris posted in the other thread. cz £80 for a backbox that is specifically for the uno is a good price whereas if you get a uni-backbox it may not fit right ahd youll end up wasting your money if you think about it

charlieboys93UNO said:
i think im gonna get it from the place in manchester that chris posted in the other thread. cz £80 for a backbox that is specifically for the uno is a good price whereas if you get a uni-backbox it may not fit right ahd youll end up wasting your money if you think about it

Yea thats true. I desperately need a new one cos my peashooter is a bit broked :D

i got a full stainless steel scorpion exhaust on my uno turbo, why don't you try sourcing a second hand one of those and fit it? it will fit, you will just need to make it fit where the scorpion is 2.5" bore and the 1.0/1.1 are prob about 1.75". but all the hangers will be in exactly the same place. this is just an idea and what id do personally :D

Dunc

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
i got a full stainless steel scorpion exhaust on my uno turbo, why don't you try sourcing a second hand one of those and fit it? it will fit, you will just need to make it fit where the scorpion is 2.5" bore and the 1.0/1.1 are prob about 1.75". but all the hangers will be in exactly the same place. this is just an idea and what id do personally :D

Dunc

Worth looking into, thanks for the idea (y)

as i siad, its just an idea, but you will get a full stainless that will last forever and have a nice fat tailpipe as i know there isn't much choise for the lower powered unos out there. can't beat a nice round outwardly rolled scorpion hehe :D

heres mine

6186Filthy_Uno_smaller.jpg

Back