Styling Will Cinq mirrors fit on an Uno???

Currently reading:
Styling Will Cinq mirrors fit on an Uno???

chrisunoman

Prominent member
I know its strange asking a question about an Uno in the Cinq section but here goes..... :p

I want to get some mattig cup mirrors for my Uno but they dont make em for my car, but they do make em for a Cinq.

Ive taken a template of under my mirror and, ideally, id like someone with a Cinq to do the same. This would mean i could see what alterations id need to make (if any)

Id like to know if the holes are in roughly the same places too...

Any info on this subject is greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• template1.jpg
    template1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
i would go get a template from my sei but im in work in a bit

but from what i remember the sei has 3 screw holes not 2 like an uno, im unsure what the cinq is like

If u have any spare time Gaz in the next few days or anything, a template from a Sei would be great cheers! :D

Yeh gaz the mattig cup mirrors are very similar to dtm but look slightly different, maybe a bit smaller and have a different kind of backing plate. Ive found a pic of a sei with em on:

AutoItalia-61604020.jpg

yeah i think the mattigs are a bit more rounded where the dtms go to a point. I may end up getting dtms but id like mattigs if its not a load of hassle to get the base plates on!

i forgot about a Punto, if anyone with one of them wouldnt mind making a template..... :p

Cheers Gaz :D

I wonder whos got a set of M3 mirrors goin then??? :rolleyes: :p

I reallly want a set of californian mirrors but theyl be even harder to fit than than the mattigs so i excluded them ages ago so now its just a two way fight - mattigs vs dtm!

product_detail.asp

Last edited:
chrisunoman said:
Cheers Gaz :D

I wonder whos got a set of M3 mirrors goin then??? :rolleyes: :p

I reallly want a set of californian mirrors but theyl be even harder to fit than than the mattigs so i excluded them ages ago so now its just a two way fight - mattigs vs dtm!

product_detail.asp

lol ive got some black m3 mirrors aswell ;);) that are unused due to unavailable base plates for the mk2 punto :(

i emailed some guy about mk2 base plates and he came back saying something about the mattig gear....any1 know how much (approx) they are??

rite the cup mirrors i bought u had to make the holes ur self so dont worry about that problem as whether they will fit ur car mate they will because they are pretty much for same plates for all fiats i hope this helps

Ah right if you can make the holes yourself then thats fine. I havent seen a universal cup mirror otherwise id prob get that, but what cup mirrors did you use/ where did u get them Spud?

I've got the mirrors in question

BEFORE YOU ORDER THEM PLEASE NOTE:

They come with the mirror part and base plate unprimed, with no instructions, some sikaflex to attch the mirror to the base plate BUT THE MIRROR MUST BE ADJUSTED FOR THE CAR FIRST BEFORE BEING GLUED ON AS NON ADJUSTMENT RESULTS IN NICE MIRRORS BUT YOU CANT SEE NOWT OUT OF THEM. They don't seem to fit really well either, them some with 3 allen bolts and some washers but the don't line up well and they are all the same lenght and when I was fitting them to my car I punctured the base plate cos I tightened them up too much. The interior of the car looks terrible too as you have to loose the black plastic thing in order to fit them.

It took me nearly a year to fit due to lack of instructions etc, If I knew this would've happened I would never had bothered to be honest.

In the end I bought the same thread bolts and nuts from a diy store and cut off the head to leave a long thread then I thread locked the bolts in the base plate and use the nuts and some washers to secure the mirror to the door.

total hemaroid

Cento Evo had some on his Sei I'm sure.

Liam

Thanks Liam, i wanted a good fit, thats why i originally thought of the cup mirrors (judging by the price!) Maybe ill see what the dtm mirrors are like in the shop and try them on, but i think theyl look an odd shape on my car.

Im going to an autojumble at weekend so ill see what i can pick up next-to-nothing and adjust to fit.

Back