General The Adventures of the 'Other' Unwanted 750....

Currently reading:
General The Adventures of the 'Other' Unwanted 750....

I'll do my rain dance then! ;)
Can't have your Panda cleaner than mine! :p

It's okay - I'm used to everyone picking on my Panda.
Water off a duck's back! :p

Me and Lloyd have had a productive morning. First job was to underseal the boot floor and rear arches. So out came the wire brush, paint brushes and Tetraseal. The car looked like it had never been undersealed and the arches were still finished in red paint, as was the boot floor. The rest of the floor will be done later this week. The bootseam is very solid so I'm happy with that and it should be ok for another year or two at least.

Here's the before and after shots. :)

Attachments

• Pre-Underseal.JPG
    Pre-Underseal.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Undersealed.JPG
    Undersealed.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 21
Next up was to sort out the thermostat. A trip to the local motorfactors (who surprisingly had a thermostat in stock) and having parted with the staggeringly expensive sum of £9.67 and we were ready to start.

The car was struggling to reach a quarter of the way up the temp gauge except in heavy traffic, so the thermostat was the likely culprit.

It looked like it was an original part.

OId Thermostat.JPG

The thermostat is easy to access and is held on only with two 10mm nuts. I drained the cooling system and removed the old one.

Thermostat Removed.JPG

The new thermostat came complete with a gasket. It's a pattern part, but I find it hard to justify original Fiat parts when the price difference is usually so great.

New Thermostat.JPG

I love fitting new parts to the engine, it makes me want to replace everything so it looks as shiny as Alan's engine!

New Thermostat Fitted.JPG

The thermostat was plumbed in and the cooling system refilled and bled.

New Thermostat Plumbed in.JPG

A short run around the block seen the temp gauge quickly rise to 90 degrees and stay there. (y)

Temp Gauge.JPG

looks like a good result rust wise, did the seams on mine as the fiat underseal is very sparse under the boot floors. felt really weird driving the panda today as I have been in the MR2 on holiday for 12 days... the panda felt so old fashioned and slow, a good laugh!

I was busy today with Splutter...

This is me coming home from work (see under the dash where the radio should be:D )

I'll see's you'll all later on Ebay!:p

Jim

Attachments

• DSC01888.JPG
    DSC01888.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 51
Back