Technical Clutch following engine change

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch following engine change

CiaranJones

Good evening all,

I have just swapped the engine on my 2012 doblo 1.3 diesel. Now that the new engine is in the clutch does not return another being pressed. Please could somebody talk me through bleeding the clutch. I'm thinking that disconnect at the gearbox has caused this. Please help ASAP. Cheers in advance.

Ciaran.

Good evening all,

I have just swapped the engine on my 2012 doblo 1.3 diesel. Now that the new engine is in the clutch does not return another being pressed. Please could somebody talk me through bleeding the clutch. I'm thinking that disconnect at the gearbox has caused this. Please help ASAP. Cheers in advance.

Ciaran.

Whats the feel of the clutch.. is in sat on top of g.box ?

If everything has been fitted as it should, and you have known good master and slave cylinders, then the most probable cause would be air in the system. If you lost enough fluid without replacing it in the reservoir, then you have air inside the master cylinder. And it takes quite a bleeding to get that out. You either use a vacuum pump, or if you have help, get someone inside and proceed with the bleeding at the slave cylinder niple, just as you do with the brakes. Move the pedal by hand if you have to. Nice and slow, so that it has time to pull the liquid from the tank, so that when you push the pedal, the bubbles would be pushed towards the slave cylinder. The niple hasn't got a thread, so to set it for bleeding mode, get the clip almost out, and pull on the hose until it stops. Pedal down, push the hose back in, pedal up, pull the hose back to bleeding mode. Really important, don't forget to add fluid to the tank!!! Otherwise you will have to start over. A vacuum pump helps speed up the process, if you have one.

Any chance you or anyone on this thread could give me a call. 07446122506, to talk through what is happening? Thank you.

Back