Technical Courtesy light not working

Currently reading:
Technical Courtesy light not working

JoeHatwell

So I was having a bit of a fiddle with adding some footwell lights and decided I wanted them to come on and off when I open and close the doors. I now realise I should have connected to what in my car is the black and green wire but to start with I connected to the black and yellow being the constant 12v. Once I realised this I switched off the ignition and went to swap the leads over but I didn't realise that the feed hadn't yet switched off and the lights were still on so when I placed my soldering iron over the two black and yellow leads I had a small bang and a spark. Now I don't get a 12v feed therefore my original courtesy light isn't working. I've checked the 5amp fuse in the glovebox area that is what the fuse is for my car. I was wondering however if this fuse I found was for the switching circuit and not for the 12v feed. Is there another fuse somewhere that I could have blown or have I destroyed a circuitry component.

Cheers Joe
Tia

Turns out I've blown something up in the body control unit. Luckily only damage is to the courtesy light and not to anything major like the brake lights...

Not a fuse. Earths are fine. Doesnt use relays on the 2012 I believe as they used PWM instead.

I'll live without

Back