Technical Engine Coolant gauge

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Coolant gauge

minotour

Hey all, cool forum, my first time here obviously!
Bravo 80, 16v

Me missus recently noticed the ECG was reading High (one tick below the red). Me being an IT tech figured RTFM - Manual says
"If gauge is reading high, you are overtaxing the engine, try to reduce the demand"

I never figured Economics had a place in Auto Mechanics!!!!

Anyhoo - Our argument now is whether the gauge is a measure of the Engine tempurature or the level of Coolant available.

I have looked into the coolant container and it is about an inch over the MAX, which would explain the gauge reading high (In my humble opinion).

Also, the engine diagram for the 80 16v places all the lubricants in different areas of the engine, is this normal?

There are similar posts in this forum but they all seem to peter out. Can anyone offer a professional opinion so I can get her off me back! (only kidding, it would ease my mind also!)

Appreciated
Col

Hi welcome to the fiat forum.
No your missus is right on this one it tells you the tempeture, unless there is another one for that i not familer with bravo but normally you have one gauge tells you the tempature, you might be lucky and only need thermostat but it could be head gasket gone.
excuse the spelling.

Back