Technical Punto MK2 Front Wiper Problems

Currently reading:
Technical Punto MK2 Front Wiper Problems

Basically when i have the wipers on a certain setting it sticks at the top then when it goes to return to its normal place it stays half way up the windscreen.

But when its on an other mode they work perfectly normal and do not stop, so currently i have to manually put them back to the starting position by flicking the wiper settings to the top one they quickly put it back down when there in the right place if anyone understands :/

would love to know what this could be or what i could do to try and find out?

Cheers

Goes to the top, then on it's way back down it jerks across the screen with a buzzing noise from under the dash?- lack of grease on the motor contacts inside (fixed under a Service Bulletin when reported in the first 3 years). You have to remove the top plate on the motor, remove what's left of the original grease and re-apply with some fresh stuff over the tracks and contacts.

Follwed a guide on how to clean the contacts and it has fixed the juddering but now they don't go back to the starting position they stop, then go down then go back up could this be the relay? No buzzing from dash

If they're parking in the wrong place on the screen, and it's not a mk2b linkage on a mk2, it'll be the alignment of the linkage to the motor.

With the wipers parked, the crank arm on the motor should be exactly parallel with the linkage (and access to the fixing nut is difficult). If it's not, it'll cause what you're describing- where the wiper sweep arc is correct from end to end, but the parking position is wrong, so you'll have to remove the assembly, undo the nut, and re-align it all (without turning the motor).

Back