Styling White Dial's

Currently reading:
Styling White Dial's

ne1l

Established member
Where the best (and cheapest) online store to buy white dials for a Mk2 (with rev counter)

Also is it easy to fit them and is there a way of getting the dials to be lit up blue (like in the corsa SRI) instead of the orange at the moment? Kinda would ruin the white dials the orange light up :(

Blue led's - forget it. An insanely fiddly job that requires a seriously high level of soldering competence.

White dials - not sure where is cheapest.

Fitting, not a difficult job but you need to make sure you take a note of the needle positions and take care when removing them.

The supplied instructions are pretty good.

Point to note - get the right ones for the model (HGT has a higher MPH so the speedo dial isn't the same as the 1.2 8v for example).

I've got white dials on mine:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2487/DSC00811.JPG

Yeah you dials look good. I'll probably just have to stick with the original lighting then unless I other wise have the patience to get the blue sorted.

Nice Headunit too.

Yeah not bad. I have never seen the white dials lit up at night with the orange but it looks ok. As I say I'd only ever seen the white dials with blue backlights.

Where did you get yours from? And how much?

are you sure it's hard to fit different colour bulbs? i looked into doing it myself not long ago (haven't got round to having a look at the dash yet though!) and someone told me they were only plug in leds??! (http://www.ultraleds.com/ goto 'Car / Motorbike 12v Led Bulbs' then '286 Dash') were they wrong? also, do you have any idea where to get a steering wheel like yours, i like that one, and i've only got the standard cheep ass thing! lol! Cheers, Tom

also, those dials in orange...does the orange actually looked blurred like that? or does it come through like the original dials? Thanks

The steering wheel on that car is the same as mine and it's Standard on the Active Sport (my car) and possibly other models. Try a scrap yard. you may see an Active Sport or other model with the steering wheel there.

also, Mr.Coates (or anyone), how did you remove the plactic screeny part of the instrument cluster? can you please describe how you take it to bits, to see the leds for the orangy bits, and how you replace the dials?! i can't seem to actually get to the dials, it seems like you have to take the buttons either side of the cluster off (those four plactics clicky button things), but i can't seem to get them off, thus not looking like i am able to remove the plastic screen! Need help! lol! Thanks, Tom

tomweise said:
also, Mr.Coates (or anyone), how did you remove the plactic screeny part of the instrument cluster? can you please describe how you take it to bits, to see the leds for the orangy bits, and how you replace the dials?! i can't seem to actually get to the dials, it seems like you have to take the buttons either side of the cluster off (those four plactics clicky button things), but i can't seem to get them off, thus not looking like i am able to remove the plastic screen! Need help! lol! Thanks, Tom

anyone?

Back