Technical Help finding a part/part number please?

Currently reading:
Technical Help finding a part/part number please?

paologray

Hello all

Can anyone help identify this part please or even give me the part number?? Even the guys at Eurocarparts dont even know what Im talking about and its hard to explain!

Its a plastic 90 degree elbow T piece. I need to find out the part number. Apparently, the set up is different on this than what the fiat disk says...?

The first pipe goes from the expansion bottle to the part, the 2nd pipe comes out from the heater matrix to the part, the 3rd goes from part to the side of the inlet manifold....

I really need to find this part number to aid putting the car back together.

90DEGTPIECESHOWINGPIPES.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture045.jpg

This is the drawing that Mick sent me...

naread.jpg

It doesnt look like my set up to me....? This shows a pipe going to the rear of the throttle body, no such thing on mine...?

Could be Mr Bodge has re-plumbed your car, mine is a SPI but i'll check where my return pipe to the header tank comes from, I think it is from the throttle body similar to the MPI drawing you have...

Noel

I dont think so... its all pretty standard looking.

The inlet manifold on the drawing above is different to mine. Mine has a water pipe take-off on the side - not from the actual main body of teh manifold like above -

InletmanifoldtoPIPE3.jpg

Ok I still have not had a chance to look at mine. My point - I tried to make but failed was - I thought the header tank return came from high on the engine to bleed really hot bubbles off the top off the engine...

It may go via the throttle body or inlet manifold to heat the inlet up quickly to de-ice on really cold mornings. Donno why it would come from a lower point, but I'm frequently wrong.

Have you got the vehicle VIN and engine numbers, and do they correspond to the FIAT documentation?

Noel

ah there you go! Thats the problem.

Ive actually found a chap in Brum who is breaking the whole car, and he has the part and Ive bought it - Phew!!

Thanks for those who inputted.

Paul

Back