Technical Non starter

Currently reading:
Technical Non starter

adnams82

Have had a cinq for about 9 months now and have a few problems involving the previous owner not letting me know that the gear box had a tendancy to drop out as a result of a little bump it had. Having just solved these problems i have now developed two new ones. One ever so slightly more worrying than the other:

1)Firstly the blowers no longer blow anything other than fuses, having taken much of the assembly apart and not being able to find any obvious problem i put it all back and gave up but it would be nice to make it work again.

2)Much more seriously it wont start having had the rac out to and the starter declared dead, it was replaced and the problem persists. There is relay noise and the battery is fine but nothing happens bump starting works so the problem is in that starter system somewhere but as yet remains unfound. I am currently trying to replace the starter motor soleniod switches(i think thats what they are two black switches under a black cover next to the ecu) to see if this helps.

Any help with either of these problems would be great.
Cheers

You might want to take it to a electrics specailist as problems can be very tricky to find.
Regarding the heater it may be that the actual heater fan motor maybe seized causing the fuses to blow, this happened on my brothers Nova.
Sorry i could'nt be of anymore help.

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

The heater fan, could be a wire that has been rubbing somewhere and has shorted out, or a blown motor as Matt says.

The starting problem - I would check the earth strap from engine to bodywork - give it a good tug to see if it comes off, they have been known to fail and this would give you those symptoms. If it starts by bump starting, this really does make me think it's this at fault.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

Back