Technical Starter/charging loom

Currently reading:
Technical Starter/charging loom

P94smv

Can someone please explain how the starter trigger wires up before the plugs that come out of the bulkhead , is it just a feed off the ignition barrel direct ??

Struggling to get the starter to spin fast enough earths all seem to be ok

12v to starter then looped to alternator

Trigger and battery warning come from the plug under battery tray

Can someone please explain how the starter trigger wires up before the plugs that come out of the bulkhead , is it just a feed off the ignition barrel direct ??

Struggling to get the starter to spin fast enough earths all seem to be ok

12v to starter then looped to alternator

Trigger and battery warning come from the plug under battery tray
Surely if the signal is getting to the starter strong enough to activate the pre engage solenoid on the starter, then the issue must be from there on.
This could be proved by taking a feed from the solenoid trigger terminal and touching the battery live to activate the solenoid..
No chance the main starter feed wire is partly trapped at the starter terminal by the plastic insulator.
If the main lead then goes on to the alternator any chance a short/fault at the alternator is pulling it down, could you temporarily take that wire off.
I have had diode packs inside an alternator short to earth causing flat batteries quicker than just not charging being the problem.
As I mentioned previous, I assume engine not "stiff" to turn in any way? No rust or muck in the ring gear teeth from when engine was standing around pre installation.

Surely if the signal is getting to the starter strong enough to activate the pre engage solenoid on the starter, then the issue must be from there on.
This could be proved by taking a feed from the solenoid trigger terminal and touching the battery live to activate the solenoid..
No chance the main starter feed wire is partly trapped at the starter terminal by the plastic insulator.
If the main lead then goes on to the alternator any chance a short/fault at the alternator is pulling it down, could you temporarily take that wire off.
I have had diode packs inside an alternator short to earth causing flat batteries quicker than just not charging being the problem.
As I mentioned previous, I assume engine not "stiff" to turn in any way? No rust or muck in the ring gear teeth from when engine was standing around pre installation.
Without going to the car I think I’ve sussed it the slow starter issue I’ve not wired anything only the d4 plug which was ok , the starter loom was all fit by previous owner without confirming I think they’ve bolted the 12v feed of alternator to the body of alternator and not the charge block bolt

I’ve been over all other earths and they are fine new battery and starter so it ain’t those going to check where it was bolted to later I’ve got starter loom off to check if not had it off previously

Back