Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
View Poll Results: FIAT Stilo Schumacher
Sub-Zero 18 36.73%
Cool 18 36.73%
Uncool 10 20.41%
Seriously Uncool 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2015   #16
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
Again, I would only class them as completely different models if there was a truly significant difference to the other variants in the range. For example, the Clio V6 is a different model to the regular mk2 Clio because it is RWD instead of FWD, and has a V6 engine in the middle of the car rather than a 4 pot in the front, if that makes sense?
See my point about the Abarth GP and the Normal Grande then

Define "significant difference"? i would say a unique engine, suspension AND trim qualifies as "significant difference"

Punto GT for example might well be "a Punto" in the exact same way as a Cinq Sporting is just "A Cinq", neither has the same difference as a v6 clio compared to a normal clio, but it doesn't change the fact that all the models drive totally differently to a "normal model".
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #17
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,355
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrcinquecento View Post
See my point about the Abarth GP and the Normal Grande then

Define "significant difference"? i would say a unique engine, suspension AND trim qualifies as "significant difference"

Punto GT for example might well be "a Punto" in the exact same way as a Cinq Sporting is just "A Cinq", neither has the same difference as a v6 clio compared to a normal clio, but it doesn't change the fact that all the models drive totally differently to a "normal model".
I did with the Clio example, lol! With regards to the Cinquecento Sporting, its easy to consider that as an individual model because there is so few Cinquecento variants. I get your point with regards to difference in the driving experience, but many cars have such a wide variety of different variants, you can't necessarily use that to define a particular variant as an individual model. Its kinda hard to explain really. Using the Grande Punto Eleganza and Abarth for example, both are rare, therefore making them more interesting variants, therefore making them both eligible for the cool wall, yet both have a different target clientele. And both aren't just "normal", yet both are still Grande Puntos.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #18
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
. Using the Grande Punto Eleganza and Abarth for example, both are rare, therefore making them more interesting variants, therefore making them both eligible for the cool wall, yet both have a different target clientele. And both aren't just "normal", yet both are still Grande Puntos.
But the Eleganza IS a normal Grande, what makes it different aside from some trim/options compared to a "normal" one?

It's pretty simple IMO, there are 3 real variants of Grande

1.Grande Punto
2.Grande Punto Sporting
3.Grande Punto Abarth

The Eleganza is in the top end of section 1 just below the sporting, basically a sporting without the sport bits.
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #19
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,355
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrcinquecento View Post
But the Eleganza IS a normal Grande, what makes it different aside from some trim/options compared to a "normal" one?

It's pretty simple IMO, there are 3 real variants of Grande

1.Grande Punto
2.Grande Punto Sporting
3.Grande Punto Abarth

The Eleganza is in the top end of section 1 just below the sporting, basically a sporting without the sport bits.
Not at all. All 3 that you mention are still Grande Puntos, just different variants. Its not as simple as there being just 3 real types. You don't mention the diesels? You wouldn't tell a Panda 4x4 Sisley owner that their car isn't a more interesting variant than any other Panda, would you?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #20
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,355
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Basically, a Cinquecento is a Cinquecento. The sporting is the more interesting variant. A mk1 Punto is a mk1 Punto. The ELX, Sporting and GT being the more interesting variants. A mk2 Punto is a mk2 Punto, with the HLX, HGT, Sporting and Eleganza being the more interesting variants. A Grande Punto is a Grande Punto, with the Eleganza, Sporting and Abarth being the rarer, more interesting variants.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #21
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
Not at all. All 3 that you mention are still Grande Puntos, just different variants. Its not as simple as there being just 3 real types. You don't mention the diesels? You wouldn't tell a Panda 4x4 Sisley owner that their car isn't a more interesting variant than any other Panda, would you?
Not sure what your point is here?

I said there are 3 different or more specific variants of the Grande, to which you replied they are Grande's, just different variants..... that is exactly what i said. I never said they weren't Grande's just like i never said Cinq Sportings weren't Cinqs, only a more specific and defined variant of one.

For Cinq

1. Cinquecento- all trim levels of of, 899 cc engine etc etc.
2. Cinquecento Sporting, including Abarth editions/options.

For Sei

1. Seicento- All trim levels of
2. Seicento Sporting- All trim levels of inluding Abarth and Schumacher.

Of course i don't mention the diesels, because a GP multijet sporting is still a sporting, an eleganza multijet is still a normal diesel grande, the engine alone makes no difference, just like the trim alone makes no difference, a multitude of changes however does. That is what defines a variant from just a trim level.

And now we're onto classic Panda 4x4's? haha,

The Sisley is a trim variant/edition of the normal 4x4, which is a specific model in it's own right. It may or may not be more "interesting" as a result, but it's irrelevant, it's still a trim level/special edition of a "normal" 4x4.

Using your logic, a 4x4 Panda is exactly the same as a 2wd panda because it's still a panda.

In much the same way as the Grande, we have

1. Classic Panda - all trim levels of
2. Classic Panda 4x4- all trim levels of

In the terms of this thread, the Schumacher is pretty much a Stilo Abarth, however it was re-engineered by prodrive and fitted with enough alterations to be deemed different to "normal" Abarth Stilos.
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi

Last edited by mrcinquecento; 18-04-2015 at 01:52.
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #22
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
Basically, a Cinquecento is a Cinquecento. The sporting is the more interesting variant. A mk1 Punto is a mk1 Punto. The ELX, Sporting and GT being the more interesting variants. A mk2 Punto is a mk2 Punto, with the HLX, HGT, Sporting and Eleganza being the more interesting variants. A Grande Punto is a Grande Punto, with the Eleganza, Sporting and Abarth being the rarer, more interesting variants.
But the point is the Sporting IS NOT A TRIM LEVEL of Cinquecento.

Eleganza on a GP is!, just like ELX is on a Mk1 Punto.

1, Mk1- Trim levels of
2. Mk1 Sporting
3. Mk1 Cabrio
4. Mk1 Gt.

I should add though, that i actually agree with you on the HGT mk2, that is basically just a mk2 sporting with a different engine
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi

Last edited by mrcinquecento; 18-04-2015 at 02:03.
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #23
ben
The Boss
 
ben's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Taipei
Posts: 13,093
Thanks: 362
Blog Entries: 185
Trader Rating: 0
ben has donated!
ben is an honorary friend of the forum :)
King Pong Champion, e+Casino Blackjack Paper Champion, President vs Invaders Champion, Funny Clown vs Balloons Champion, Table Tennis 2.5D Champion
Taiwan 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Guys guys, relax!

We can't add every version of every car, so we're just going for the interesting ones for now ..
__________________


my name is ben, i live in the east, i'm always working on the forum, i like pancakes.

MAKE MITTENS FAMOUS - https://www.instagram.com/heymittens/
ben is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #24
Chris
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Posts: 7,688
Thanks: 35
Blog Entries: 16
Trader Rating: 2
Bushboy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
that ****box engine puts me off clicking cool
Whhaatt?? The 20v is a fine engine. Only problems with it in the stilo are the stupid auto box they attached to it and that its a bastard to work on becuase as with every CSR fiat put them into, they don't really fit haha.
__________________
Hi!
Bushboy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #25
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
Guys guys, relax!

We can't add every version of every car, so we're just going for the interesting ones for now ..
Ah but the Grande Punto Eleganza IS INTERESTING apparently

It's all in good humoured debate about what makes a car qualify as standing out (enough) from the other models in a range

But back on topic from now on
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #26
Stick your own title
 
mrcinquecento's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dundee
Posts: 1,593
Thanks: 73
Trader Rating: 0
mrcinquecento has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Whhaatt?? The 20v is a fine engine. Only problems with it in the stilo are the stupid auto box they attached to it and that its a bastard to work on becuase as with every CSR fiat put them into, they don't really fit haha.
Does the 2.4 not have a weak(ish) bottom end?
__________________
www.fiat-scotland.com,the home of all things both scottish and italian. it's a bit like having an irn bru with your pizza, only much tastier

98 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 16v, 94 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
mrcinquecento is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #27
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,355
Thanks: 33
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrcinquecento View Post
Ah but the Grande Punto Eleganza IS INTERESTING apparently

It's all in good humoured debate about what makes a car qualify as standing out (enough) from the other models in a range

But back on topic from now on
It is interesting, lol! They're rare, and a million times better than a fiesta titanium, lol!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #28
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,284
Thanks: 1457
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
Whhaatt?? The 20v is a fine engine. Only problems with it in the stilo are the stupid auto box they attached to it and that its a bastard to work on becuase as with every CSR fiat put them into, they don't really fit haha.
they have a weak bottom end on the stilo ones, a lot never lived past 60k
__________________
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
Albert Einstein.
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 18-04-2015   #29
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,284
Thanks: 1457
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
Guys guys, relax!
I thought we wanted the banter back
__________________
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
Albert Einstein.
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-04-2015   #30
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,981
Thanks: 67
Trader Rating: 1
United Kingdom 
Re: FIAT Stilo Schumacher Edition

Sorry I voted "Uncool". The Schumacher edition just tries too hard.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Liquid Knight is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stilo Fiat Stilo 2.4 Schumacher Edition ithunk Members Motors 0 08-03-2011 17:44
Fiat Stilo - Schumacher Edition ChrisR FIAT Boo Archives 16 25-09-2004 23:54
(G) New Fiat Stilo Schumacher Limited Edition apierdomi Stilo 25 11-09-2004 20:32