Tuning 250HP Fiat 500 M1 Turbo Tallini Competizione

Currently reading:
Tuning 250HP Fiat 500 M1 Turbo Tallini Competizione

mark0006

This would be fun.

from the article:
Boasting 250hp and 250 lb-ft of torque, the M1 provides its owner a huge bump in power. The engine is completely revamped, and enjoys a substantial increase in boost when compared to stock. To implement this Road Race has developed a highly evolved catalog of parts, and the M1 gets them all, from air filter to exhaust tip.

8 pictures and full article

And at the end of that it'll still be a 500 and will get its butt handed to it by loads of cars which are cheaper but were designed to be quick from the start

And at the end of that it'll still be a 500 and will get its butt handed to it by loads of cars which are cheaper but were designed to be quick from the start

That fact that it's still a 500 is what it's about. Here's a video from the Roadrace tuners. Not saying I like all they've done, but it's not going to get it's butt handed to it by too many. I probably asked you about 4 years ago during your bouts with Draigflag, but have you driven an Abarth yet.

being faster is not always the only thing.

example: I would take the new BMW M3 over the 707hp Hellcat.

This would be fun.

from the article:
Boasting 250hp and 250 lb-ft of torque, the M1 provides its owner a huge bump in power. The engine is completely revamped, and enjoys a substantial increase in boost when compared to stock. To implement this Road Race has developed a highly evolved catalog of parts, and the M1 gets them all, from air filter to exhaust tip.

8 pictures and full article

Not massively keen on the body styling (prefer the look of the 695 Biposto) but that would be riotous fun to drive. I wouldn't be at all bothered if my rear end was presented to me by another car, I'd be grinning too much to care. I love compact, quick, grippy cars with a riveting soundtrack.

It would be quick in a straight line and thats all that most, especialy the Americans, need to do. These tuned versions are just show off promo vehicles for tuning companies, they're not to be taken too seriously.

No sorry, I dont have an awful lot of time when Im working. What I meant was that the Abarth need not be compared with bigger more grown up hot hatches, it's designed for fun only, its a very simple sum, small car + chunky power = ear to ear smile!

It would be quick in a straight line and thats all that most, especialy the Americans, need to do. These tuned versions are just show off promo vehicles for tuning companies, they're not to be taken too seriously.
You could not be more wrong. The A500 is being taken very seriously here. I haven't read one review in which any FIAT was driven for straight line performance (apart for the 0-60 mph test).

RRM was founded by a proper road course driver… one with many, many trophies on his mantel. The M1, formerly the Urban Warrior, is a serious project. We don't have the post-purchase support enjoyed by EU aficionados. Outfits like RRM, HPSI & EuroCompulsion (among others) work hard to offer street-to-bonnet parts for those looking for all around performance modifications. The M1-R was raced as the Urban Warrior (Pirelli World Challenge) and, now, it will be raced in touring competition.

Of course, these people want to earn money. They're in business. But to claim these aren't serious projects is a completely unfounded. Research the companies for yourself and you'll see these projects are tested in competitions in NA, Canada & Europe.

I think… no, I know from personal experience… much of the joy in driving FIATs is they are proper city cars through'n'through. One with grit of the A500 simply adds that much more to the experience. More smiles per mile is what we say. I can't think of another car I'd rather have on my daily commute.

FIATs were plenty car for don Agnelli, don Giacosa, don Abarth, don Farina, don Giannini and don Zagato. They all pushed small FIATs to their design & engineering limits. Roberto Giolito gave these tuning & racing outfits something to carry on that tradition.

If a FIAT is good enough for don Ferrari…

yes, but your quick around corners is different to our quick around corners.
No… a road course is a road course. Put a proper driver in a coach tuned & modded for a true/challenging road course and the team will have success.

The Pirelli World Challenge is a US-founded international touring competition. It is true stock car racing (not the embarrassment that is NASCAR) that pits brand against brand. Add to that the fact the A500 performs well at Targa (not a US-based road course rally comp) and you have all the proof one needs against the statement.

Last edited:
Can't help but think of Ken Block, worshiped like some kind of driving God in the US. Then he came last with 0 points in the World Rally, and I think Americans realised there's a big difference between showing off and actual skill...

Can't help but think of Ken Block, worshiped like some kind of driving God in the US. Then he came last with 0 points in the World Rally, and I think Americans realised there's a big difference between showing off and actual skill...
Here we go... And that has what to do with whether this build is serious or a $gimmick$? Is that meant to be proof Americans can't build or modify cars for all around performance? C'mon, man.

They might be able to modify a car, they're just not very good at driving them is all. Jeez, a guy not allowed an opinion around here? ;)

Varying opinions are great. It's the senseless/unrelated slagging people get to when they're unable to keep up with the pace that I find odd :nono::D

Back