General Fiat 500 Abarth for 2014? Possible changes / facelift?

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Abarth for 2014? Possible changes / facelift?

I always floor my car so I am sure the DPF will be kept well clean = )

Ahmett, maybe you need a trip to the hospital to have the lead weights surgically removed from your right foot..:D

If I had to buy another Fiat 500 right now I would most likely get the Diesel (diesel in Greece is about 25% cheaper than petrol at the pump) and I always floor my car so I am sure the DPF will be kept well clean = )

It is a myth that putting your foot down will clear out the dpf, if anything it could have the opposite effect

Not quite what i meant, excessive fuelling means more soot and fuel itself works as a coolant

Maxi, I’m mostly clueless, but while I guess this is correct for cars that have a carburetor, doesn’t the 500 have a fuel injection system that wouldn’t be fazed by operator stupidity?

Thanks for everybody's comments. We've decided on another peugeot. We're closing in on purchasing a 208 XY HDi EGC (Auto)

Maxi, I’m mostly clueless, but while I guess this is correct for cars that have a carburetor, doesn’t the 500 have a fuel injection system that wouldn’t be fazed by operator stupidity?

99% of cars will got into fuel enrichment at full throttle. They purposely dump extra fuel into the engine when transitioning to WOT to prevent engine damage (keeping in mind factory tunes have to account for poor fuel, extreme heat, and unsympathetic drivers etc). You'll see all sorts of brand new performance exotica dump black smoke for this reason. More mundane machinery won't have as much enrichment so there's usually no visible smoke.

The TA does not do enrichment, so full throttle operation doesn't kill economy :D

99% of cars will got into fuel enrichment at full throttle. They purposely dump extra fuel into the engine when transitioning to WOT to prevent engine damage (keeping in mind factory tunes have to account for poor fuel, extreme heat, and unsympathetic drivers etc). You'll see all sorts of brand new performance exotica dump black smoke for this reason. More mundane machinery won't have as much enrichment so there's usually no visible smoke.

The TA does not do enrichment, so full throttle operation doesn't kill economy :D

I can't see this. If they do as you say there would be unburnt fuel entering the exhausts and CATs dieing left right and center surly?

I can't see this. If they do as you say there would be unburnt fuel entering the exhausts and CATs dieing left right and center surly?

http://www.sdsefi.com/techtheo.htm

Oxygen sensor Under full throttle conditions, this sensor input is ignored by the computer so that the engine can produce more power by runner a richer mixture. This is called open loop mode and the computer is supplying the injector pulse width from tables based on all of the other sensor inputs. Once throttle opening and rpm are reduced to cruising conditions, most systems will jump back into the closed loop mode where they will stay for a large portion of the time on most street driven applications.

How else do you explain the flames out the back of my factory tuned Skyline? :D

Back