Tuning TMC induction kit just ordered...

Currently reading:
Tuning TMC induction kit just ordered...

Waiting for the kit to arrive. Should have it by Wednesday hopefully. I bought the induction hose and silicone induction hose to go with it as I have a small cut on the standard one. Just wondering if anyone else here has had it fitted? Will post up some pics once it is all hooked up...

Got the kit fitted earlier today, just need to get a badge to put on top of the engine cover and am also going to get the shiny heat shield as the current was has rusted away at the bottom and come loose slightly.

Everything was really easy to fit, in total in only took about 45 minutes and must of that time was trying to find a dropped nut on the under tray of the car.

Took it for a quick spin and you can hear a subtle suction noise and the dump valve is not too loud thank goodness, I don't know if it is because the Monza exhaust drowns out the noise, you can hear it with the bonnet open however I couldn't hear it when driving the car.

In terms of performance I am very pleased, the car feels smoother, not sure I notice much of a difference in terms of speed but definitely smoother and not getting any flat spots that I was having with the TMC box before.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 222
Very nicely done mate, thanks for keeping us updated and for your driving impressions. Look forward to hearing more about other upgrades whilst at the same time watching your plannned mods list shrink and your signature grow, lol. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks, Yes a few but not sure how long it will take to get to to them as they are pretty expensive.

I need a new heat shield at the front as the current one has rusted and has come loose from the engine bay at the bottom so will be ordering one in the next couple days.

Another couple of minor things I was planning on doing was to vinyl the roof and spoiler in gloss black and either powder coat the wheels in gloss black or find some new ones. I have a small ding on the passenger door I need to get someone to pull out.

I would like the Tarox big break conversion kit, coilovers, Novitec exhaust system and then maybe the turbo upgrade pushing the power to over 200bhp. It is a lot of money though so no idea if I will ever get around to do them but that is the current plan.

Really pleased with the car as it is at the moment so no real rush for anything, probably start off with the coilover kit and brake conversion around xmas time if all goes well :D

I had a chance to mess with the kit this morning and managed to fit one of the breather pipes better so the pipe now sits back in its clip where it was supposed to, I also fitted the badge so it looks a little less like a bit of sheet metal lol :p

All I have to do now is get a new heat shield, not sure to go with red or black, think too much red would look a little silly so will probably go for black

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    534.4 KB · Views: 149
Which bit? The heat shield is slightly not right as the bolt at the bottom has worn away, getting a new heat shield next week. Also going to try and fix the pipe coming out of the airbox so it sits properly in the holding clip. At the moment it does not push all the way back in.

The whole thing. The red cover plate to which the filter mounts. I would expect more design "flare", a bit less flat sheet bending and a bit more swaging/bead.

Maybe I'm asking to much.

The GTech exhaust shield is nice, suites the engine bay.

Back