General Arbath 500 racing at silverstone this weekend!

Currently reading:
General Arbath 500 racing at silverstone this weekend!

JamieandJo

Anyone going to watch them on saturday? I have a single seater driving experiance to do and found out the arbaths are on too! result!, so if you see a 500 poodleing round infield give us a wave! :D(y)

:p

Attachments

• arr bath.gif
    arr bath.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 42
  • arrr bath.jpg
    arrr bath.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 48
I'm hoping to be there on Saturday for the race. Look out for a Crossover Black Sport :)

Had a lovely day at Silverstone today. Fantastic weather (makes a nice change!) and some good racing. A shame that the 500 race was interrupted by a safety car and then cut short by a red flag, but otherwise the racing looked closer than at Oulton Park and the extra couple of cars were very welcome!

I hope all the Abarths in the car park didn't mind my Luigi sneaking into their line-up.

I have some racing photos here. I also have some photos of the parked-up cars, but need to edit out numberplates unless it's OK to post them with the plates showing.

Some nice pics (y) you even have a few of our old E30 M3 race car. The lime green one with yellow wheels. Nice to see it still going :)

Guy in red overalls = Biz :D

At least we got the car out again (gearbox)! lol

Good to hear people enjoyed the racing! (y)

Good weekend, did the whole thing and I'm a little red now :) Sat I went in the 500, and we were trying to grab as many others in the line up as possible, sorry to the chap who was with our little gang all day I've completely forgotten your name :eek: Sunday I took advantage of the lack of allocated parking to take the Barracuda along as the weather was so good, 500 good - V8 better :cool:.

The racing was good but I actually enjoyed the Toyo and GAZ races more, the 500's just got a bit lost on the Silverstone track, none of the more entertaining to watch jostling for positions all across the line up we saw at Oulton. Roll on Cadwell really looking forward to it being back on a smaller track.

Well done on getting the Rockingham car back out Biz, it was looking a little sorry for itself Saturday morning (y)

Cheers mate, yeah it was a bitch! lol

If we get another box job, we think we can get it down in two hours, worked out (it was our first one) a better way.

The car was a touch smokey once we got it back togeather but cleared itself during the race!

Did you all enjoy the plane? :)

Touch smokey.... yes

Plane was a nuisance, you try walking quickly across the broken ground tothe grandstand whilst trying to keep your eyes skywards to watch an amazing aerobatics display :)

Lol I might be going up in it! :D

Yes we where a touch perplexed as to why its cleared, we thought about doing a turbo change but with minimal time to spare we decided against it. i'd like to set a datum for doing one though :slayer:

Well just glad it was on the track, with the other two out of action from the accidents the track was looking a little lonely at times. BTW hard to tell from the odd angle of the photo but were you the chap looking over the Pulce car at the end of the day?

Yep that was me

As far as I know both cars aren't as bad as they looked, does show the importance of roll cages.

Winrow is going to be a hot favourite I think but Simonsen is one I'm keeping an eye one as he can drive very well (Oulton park was a testament to his skills)

I thought the roll cages stood up amazingly well! I wasn't around on Sunday to see if either car made it out, but I thought that the 55 car might be able to do so with a repaired back axle and enough panel beating to get a windscreen in, and the door able to shut. The 49 car looked a lot worse. I've never seen anything like that grated windscreen pillar! Not even with an angle grinder have I done anything like that! The grated door handle was pretty impressive too, as was the wheel hub! That car looked more like a reshell was needed, especially given the dents in the roof.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to any other rounds of the championship, but I do hope it continues to thrive, gets some more entries, and that the drivers can stay in touch with each other a little better in races once they get used to the cars. I can imagine driving a turbo car is very different to the average saloon / touring car.

Back