General scrappage on a new abarth.

Currently reading:
General scrappage on a new abarth.

My rs has done a few track days. silverstone especially.
I even got black flagged at snetterton.:(
and 0-60 is 7.4 last month :slayer::slayer:
I have never seen an abarth yet. they must be rare.

Naughty boy getting black flagged. :nono: Did you get a black & white driving standards first?

Tipo doesn't quite get 7.4 secs 0-60 but it is still fully standard with full interior. The only change I made when it went to Oulton Park was to remove the space saver wheel. :eek:

Naughty boy getting black flagged. :nono: Did you get a black & white driving standards first?

Tipo doesn't quite get 7.4 secs 0-60 but it is still fully standard with full interior. The only change I made when it went to Oulton Park was to remove the space saver wheel. :eek:
mine is fully road legal still on 15" rims seats etc they waved a yellow and red chequred flag . apparently that meant mud on the track:D whoops I think that was me.with a big smile on my face.
i spun off 3 times in one lap. I had been out for 55 mins and was trying too hard.:(

change of surface conditions... too many people were binning it in the gravel at Oulton and they took us all aside and said next in the gravel goes home.. Slowed some of them down a bit.

anyway on topic - get the Abarth. You know a 1.2 'sport' won't cut it.

you wont get a deal on the Abarth or any other 500 to speak of...go for the Abarth...very very much fun to drive...looks are very desirable and insurance although appears to be much dealer, in reality you are talking around £150 per more per year, road tax obviously more at £120 instead of £35 but you might not be happy with the speed of the 1.2 if you are used to quick cars...the Abarth ticks the boxes in every way...go for it :slayer:(y)

Hi,
I'm new to this.
I'm test driving an 500 abarth in 2 days, with a view to purchasing. Can anyine actually confirm that Abarth or taking part in the scrappage scheme? I know it ends on the 31st march and therefore would like to move quickly.
thank you
Neal

Hi,
I'm new to this.
I'm test driving an 500 abarth in 2 days, with a view to purchasing. Can anyine actually confirm that Abarth or taking part in the scrappage scheme? I know it ends on the 31st march and therefore would like to move quickly.
thank you
Neal
I'm 99% sure they are, all Fiat group cars should be (y) You'd better hurry though :D

Thank you for the quick response.
I remember reading somewhere that Abarth was different to Fiat and that people have had problems. Any one confirm they have purchased a 500 Abarth through scrappage scheme?
cheers

iv ordered my abarth 500 on scrappage but that was 3 weeks ago.sales men did tell me it was running very low but worth asking the dealerships as it finishes 31st of march and i heard theres still money.

if you look on research garage it still has a little advert saying 2000 for scrappage on the abarth. how ever i dont know if thats up to date.worth finding out quick though.

if you do then i think go for it.

i only do 3000 miles a year and didnt even need tochange my car.yes it is more on insurance and tax but hey i love the look of it. i specced up a 1.4 sport 500 and it came to only 1600 pounds difference to an abarth.however the abarth has alot of kit on that you would have to pay extra on the 1.4 sport.so the abarth aint that much more expensive in my oppinion except higher running costs.i think if you can then go for it you wont regret it. i had my doubts but heart won over head for me

Fiat's allocation of scrappage orders has dried up, but not sure about Abarth as they are different manufacturers.

Tbh I'd buy something interesting and quick. Stuff having something on your drive just depreciating all the time!
I like brand new vehicles.
I like my car to be different.
oh and I like Fiats and Fords.
and a focus rs is nearly £30 K
Dave Q(y)

It's your money of course but I just think that it's a waste of said money :)

Money is only wasted if you don't spend it. If the guy wants to treat himself for all the hard work he no doubt does then good luck to him I say (y)

Money is only wasted if you don't spend it. If the guy wants to treat himself for all the hard work he no doubt does then good luck to him I say (y)
Of course and I wish nothing but the best for him. Like I said it's his money, but IMHO there are better ways to spend that money than watching a new car depreciating whilst not getting much use.

Back